Oyster shell for quail

I always offered my coturnix and even buttons oyster shells. I had this nice pestle and mortor that was great for grounding it up a bit. My coturnix were always interested in the oyster shells. They enjoyed dried/live mealworms and dried solider worms but they were never too interested in any veggie or food scraps. I miss all the eggs lol. I used to pickle the boiled eggs for my dad.

I always offered my coturnix and even buttons oyster shells. I had this nice pestle and mortor that was great for grounding it up a bit. My coturnix were always interested in the oyster shells. They enjoyed dried/live mealworms and dried solider worms but they were never too interested in any veggie or food scraps. I miss all the eggs lol. I used to pickle the boiled eggs for my dad.
Mine loved cantaloupe from the garden this summer! I just threw the rinds that had a bit of melon left on it after cutting in their cages and they’d eat it down almost through the green! Tomatoes and lettuce were hit or miss. I think I’m going to start sprouting micro greens for them in small trays so they can have something to pick at this winter.

Back
Top Bottom