Pabting hen but not hot

Doing some more research, alot of my girl's symptoms seem consistent with bacillary white diarrhea. Anyone have insight on that?

That is pullorum disease. It is fairly rare nowadays. Your vet or an NPIP tester could test her droppings for it, or if she dies, your state vet could test. Chicken‘s uric acid is white, and a dehydrated chicken may have mostly white droppings.

Another update, went to pick her up to put her to bed and fluid came running out of her beak. She ended up having tons come out, all smelling bad, with a hazy color to it. Her crop did not feel enlarged at all, but maybe she's developed sour crop some how? Only a small piece of grass blade came out. Her eyes have been almost shut all day but they were wide after basically being drained.

Another update, went to pick her up to put her to bed and fluid came running out of her beak. She ended up having tons come out, all smelling bad, with a hazy color to it. Her crop did not feel enlarged at all, but maybe she's developed sour crop some how? Only a small piece of grass blade came out. Her eyes have been almost shut all day but they were wide after basically being drained.
Is there any discharge or swelling around her eyes or face?

Sounds like Sour Crop, but do look inside her beak for any lesions/canker (yellow or white material).

Address the crop symptoms per the article below. Do see that she's able to reach water.
Often there's an underlying condition that causes the crop or digestive system to slow, a few common things are reproductive disorders, worms, coccidiosis and infection.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Just wanted to post one last update. This morning I made the extremely difficult decision to put her down. That was my first ive had to do. She could no long stand, move her head, or wings. I also found a new spot that looked like it was covered in maggots right above her vent, that was not there last night when I cleaned her up.

Just wanted to post one last update. This morning I made the extremely difficult decision to put her down. That was my first ive had to do. She could no long stand, move her head, or wings. I also found a new spot that looked like it was covered in maggots right above her vent, that was not there last night when I cleaned her up.
:hugsI'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom