pallet fence??

wildriverswolf90

Songster
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
polk county, NC
So I'm trying to find ways to save money on doing a goat fence, I'm only fencing in a 100ft area, as a home pasture/place to play when they can't go in the nieghbors pasture. Would wood pallets work to contain them? Has any one ever made a fence from pallets for their goats? Or any other animal? Any tips on to do one??

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't do a pallet fence for a goat.
Goats are notoriously hard to keep fenced and will require a well-made secure fence to contain them.
My uncle used a woven mesh, 4 or 5 foot high fence with wood posts every 8 feet to contain his milk goats and still had problems with them escaping occasionally.

Pallets aren't really ideal for goats, as already mentioned- they will see the pallets as a challenge, not so much as a fence.

We use 47" tall woven (NOT welded!) wire field fence and a single strand barbed wire topper for all our animals, and it always held our goats! They will bust through welded wire fencing.

The only way I'd consider doing a pallet fence was if you are going to run some hot wire around the inside to keep them off of it. It's usually a good idea to do that no matter what kind of fence you put up since, pretty much no matter what the fence is, they will try to climb up it as well as scratch themselves on it as they walk along, rub their heads on it, butt it, you name it. They are very destructive little beasties!

Well I guess I'm just gonna have to save up and do the field fence. I cant run electric out to it unfortunately and there is no way I can splurge on a solar charge box. So I guess I run the field fence and a strand of barb on the top and about half way down.

Back
Top Bottom