Parlor Rollers

Lofty Dreams

Songster
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Minnesota
I have two Parlor Rollers and I was wondering what class they would be in as I have heard of them in both the Fancy and Flying or Sporting Class (although they can't fly). I also origionaly got them as a pair however they are both cocks and since I'm hopoing to find them hens and show them in 4-H as well (you can only show a pair and young bird sadly ), so what class would they be shown in under 4-H. What to you think?

yes oddly they are only supposed to be classed in the performance, sporting/flying, group. as aside from color and marking variations, which are natural mutations (except for pegasus lofts, ive read on steve shaw's site), they are only bred for rolling/tumbling ability, and should look like basivcally a feral, regular roller, or as i think a colorful pengi. course i dont actually have any parlor rollers, just tumblers for now, but told they both have same stocky general/feral pigeon look. i personally think mine are a lot squater and rounder than ferals or other rollers though aside from maybe american rollers (from my small experiance in pigeons only), though shorter obtuse triangular beaks, and shorter thicker cobbly legs, with toes that look almost bred out for perching. ive seen some local and county even state shows allow them as fancy breed, but just national pigeon shows shouldnt (or theyre not accredited).

Back
Top Bottom