Parsley trying to lay an egg...I'm freaking out...

Spinster_Sister

Songster
10 Years
Nov 9, 2009
Hawthorne, CA
it's been 2.5 weeks since she last laid. Her vet said she had EYP and gave Baytril and an anti inflammatory. Parsley's xrays said she was not egg bound, nor did the vet see any eggs forming at that time (last week). Now, Parsley has been squatting for almost 2 days and is now in the lay box with Saffron, both beaks open and making thei little squeekings.

The vet said that Parsley's egg laying days are probably over....but now she is in the laybox assuming the position. Is this Parsley's last day? I am so scared for her......she's only 1.9 years old and is a Jersey Giant. She is eating, drinking, dustbathing and her molt seems to have stopped in the past few days. How long should I let her sit in the box? I know Saffron can sit in the box for a few hours and then jumps out, Parsley before would stay in for maybe one hour then sing away.

Please send healing healthy vibes via Parsley's way.......she is my very favorite hen!!

Saffron laid a very large egg and nothing from Parsley. Parsley is still squatting for me.....should I bathe her tonight or tomorrow? It's almost 2 pm now and I don't want to chill her. I read somewhere you can give them a Tums tablet for extra calcium....do you do that? Anybody?

Back
Top Bottom