Partridge Chantecler over Buff Orpington?

Angie Roberge

In the Brooder
Jul 27, 2023
I have Buff's in with my Partdidge Chantecler's they are doing well to gether, hard to tell the egss apart though....Anyhoo was thinking of hatching out the cross; anyone done that yet?

Birds from that cross will probably have an appearance in-between the what the parents have: gold or red base color, with some black patterning (less than the Partridge have, more than the solid Buffs have).

Crossed chicks will probably have white feet like the Orpingtons, not yellow like the Chanteclers.

Combs will probably look much like the Chanteclers' combs, but may be a bit bigger.

Birds from that cross will probably have an appearance in-between the what the parents have: gold or red base color, with some black patterning (less than the Partridge have, more than the solid Buffs have).

Crossed chicks will probably have white feet like the Orpingtons, not yellow like the Chanteclers.

Combs will probably look much like the Chanteclers' combs, but may be a bit bigger.
Sounds good! Good for our cold climate that's for sure! Good for eating I hope....Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom