Partridge Cochin Chick? Updated - 6 week old pic

Did you ever find out what your chicken was? Because I have 6 chicks that I think are bantams, and I originally thought they were Cochins because of their feathery feet. Then I read a post that said that Cochins had yellow feet and that Langshans have darker legs and eyes. Well, mine has darker legs and eyes

I'm now thinking I have a Langshan, possibly bantam. Any thoughts as to whether or not I'm right??

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas!!

Here are my chicks. They looked a lot like the one at the beginning of this thread, but they're feet have always been dark, grey to black. Never yellow. At first I thought they might be bantams, but they've grown enough now, I'm sure they're large fowl. I'm pretty certain they are both Langshan roosters. I also have 4 more than I think are hens, blue to black.
The black, Billy Flynn is his name, is getting some lovely iridescence in his feathers and so is one of my pullets.
I also have 6 red pullets. RIRs, and they are very sweet, but my heart is with my Langshans. I just LOVE the feathery feet.

Back
Top Bottom