Partridge silkie mix sexing

Godiva

Crowing
16 Years
May 17, 2007
Colorado
I have a 3.5 week old chick that was striped as a baby. It doesn't act like a rooster (yet), but I am confused about the chest feather colours. I'm not seeing patterns there, but no black either. Do you think this is a pullet?

Attachments

• 20210604_090329.jpg
    20210604_090329.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 43
I have a 3.5 week old chick that was striped as a baby. It doesn't act like a rooster (yet), but I am confused about the chest feather colours. I'm not seeing patterns there, but no black either. Do you think this is a pullet?
Sweet little chick!
Agree, too young to tell yet.😊

OK - I assumed that once the chest feathers started to come in that I'd be able to tell lol. Thanks for the input

This is it's buddy - a silver partridge chick that is patterned all over its chest and I guess I assumed that the other one would have the same thing, just in different colours. I have no experience with partridge coloration, so this is a learning curve for me
20210604_090526.jpg

This is it's buddy - a silver partridge chick that is patterned all over its chest and I guess I assumed that the other one would have the same thing, just in different colours. I have no experience with partridge coloration, so this is a learning curve for me View attachment 2707887
Partridge in silkies covers many color varieties. I have a blue partridge that is gold with blue underfeathers and a silver partridge that really looks mostly black. What they have most in common is the chipmunk markings as chicks, but then they can change quite a bit when they get their adult feathers. Common in male partridge silkies is the red they get over the shoulders. Hope this helps.😊

Edited for spelling

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom