Partridge Silkies - Partridge Fur laced versus "plain partridge"

Mochikins

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2023
Hello. A few days ago, my silkie eggs finally hatched! The person I got the eggs from labelled them with each color that was expected to come out, and my plan was to match each egg with each chick as it hatched. However, I had a mass hatching through the night and now I can't tell my partridges apart. I had two eggs labelled "partridge" and one labelled "partridge laced fur." In the photo I've attached, there are two chicks. I have two showgirl partridges that look like the one on the left. Both hatched during the night, and one comes from the normal "partridge" egg and the other comes from the "partridge laced fur." To me, they look identical. The chick on the right hatched from a normal "partridge" egg (she was the last one to hatch, so I do know that she came from that egg). My question is, will these chicks all look different? Because to me one of the plain partridges and the fur laced partridge look the same, while the other plain partridge looks radically different. As well, is there a way I should be able to tell the partridge from the partridge laced fur now as a chick? Thank you!
IMG_6406.jpg

Hello. A few days ago, my silkie eggs finally hatched! The person I got the eggs from labelled them with each color that was expected to come out, and my plan was to match each egg with each chick as it hatched. However, I had a mass hatching through the night and now I can't tell my partridges apart. I had two eggs labelled "partridge" and one labelled "partridge laced fur." In the photo I've attached, there are two chicks. I have two showgirl partridges that look like the one on the left. Both hatched during the night, and one comes from the normal "partridge" egg and the other comes from the "partridge laced fur." To me, they look identical. The chick on the right hatched from a normal "partridge" egg (she was the last one to hatch, so I do know that she came from that egg). My question is, will these chicks all look different? Because to me one of the plain partridges and the fur laced partridge look the same, while the other plain partridge looks radically different. As well, is there a way I should be able to tell the partridge from the partridge laced fur now as a chick? Thank you!View attachment 3424903
I have no idea, but they are soooo cute! Hopefully my post will bump you and hopefully someone who knows can see it! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom