Partridges/blue partridges/red pyle Silkies

Sam Reichert

Hatching
Oct 29, 2020
I am wanting to work on project colors, I have a partridge and a red Pyle. I’ve red that if you cross the two, you will get a mix of partridges and red pyles (and that’s how you keep them going.) is that true, and are their any other colors that you recommend mixing with them to help these colors?

I also have a beautiful, blue partridge. If I’d cross a regular partridge with a blue silkie, would that
Give blue partridges? Is a blue partridge, just a partridge with blue undertones?

I am wanting to work on project colors, I have a partridge and a red Pyle. I’ve red that if you cross the two, you will get a mix of partridges and red pyles (and that’s how you keep them going.) is that true, and are their any other colors that you recommend mixing with them to help these colors?

I also have a beautiful, blue partridge. If I’d cross a regular partridge with a blue silkie, would that
Give blue partridges? Is a blue partridge, just a partridge with blue undertones?
I came across this thread searching partridge silkie genetics.
I know this is a bit late, but yes blue partridge is partridge with blue undertones instead of black.

As far as your other questions, I believe you have to have two partridges (they can be different color partridge) to produce partridge. If you cross the red pyle with partridge, half the chicks will be red pyle and half will have black instead of white base. You can use the kippen calculator to play with these crosses.
Did you do the cross and what did you get if so?😊

Also, youtube has some great videos on chicken genetics. Did not know that Black had SO many variations from recessive wheaten, to speckled, to wild type, up to birchen, and black. sizzles (smooth Silkies) are a great addition to a Silkie breeding program. Partridge is the key to making silver/golden/buff (single) laced Silkies/Sizzles/sizzles. Have a great season.

Back
Top Bottom