Pasture Poultry Dave

In the Brooder
Aug 30, 2017
St Thomas, Ontario

I've been raising meat birds for 3 years on my small farm and enjoy the fun of it. I like to vacation in the summer so i only raise white rock meat birds so i can have them all raised and processed within 12 weeks. i am usually chicken free by mid July. I have been researching through BYC to learn lessons and improve my practices including making nipple waterers and diagnosing early mortality in chicks. I recently started renting out my pasture to horse people and they don't want to use my barn stalls because that is were i brood my chicks. I raised birds for the same purposes as a youth and love the taste of home grown chicken. I raise approximately 150 birds per year and supply family and friends with meat through this hobby.

I need to work on my record keeping to track my effort and expenses invested and keep track of how much I'm earning/losing through chickens. i also want to teach my kids about this so they can take on their own profitable projects and learn that working and earning can be fun and rewarding. I'm new to posting on blogs so hopefully i do this right.

Hi and welcome to BYC :frow I raise Pastured Poultry as well and have gotten to the point where its difficult to eat chicken out. There are a number of folks out there with verious record keeping templates, if you need help finding some just let me know. Welcome and we're so glad to have you.:yesss:

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Back
Top Bottom