Pasty butt, 1 week

We start all of our chicks as they hatch on ACV water. Hatchery purchased chicks get 2 days of electrolytes and then ACV every day for as long as 6 weeks if needed. We've learned not to wait to see pasty butt as prevention makes it easier to deal with. We lost one chick out of our last hatch to pasty butt that we never saw with it so it pays to still be very observant.
How much ACV do you put in a gallon of water for week old chicks?thanks😊

We start all of our chicks as they hatch on ACV water. Hatchery purchased chicks get 2 days of electrolytes and then ACV every day for as long as 6 weeks if needed.
I was just about to ask the same question! @LTAY1946 how much ACV?

I've just found this article from Purina about Pasty Butt treatment and prevention. Aside from promoting their own brand of feed, it's very informative! Doesn't mention ACV, but it does recommend adding probiotics to kick-start the digestive enzymes until their bodies begin producing enough of their own, at about 7-10 days.
https://www.purinamills.com/chicken...-TextLink​&utm_campaign=4929938&returnStatus=

I was just about to ask the same question! @LTAY1946 how much ACV?

I've just found this article from Purina about Pasty Butt treatment and prevention. Aside from promoting their own brand of feed, it's very informative! Doesn't mention ACV, but it does recommend adding probiotics to kick-start the digestive enzymes until their bodies begin producing enough of their own, at about 7-10 days.
https://www.purinamills.com/chicken-feed/education/detail/pasty-butt-sick-baby-chick-symptoms-and-care?utm_source=FlockManagementTips2022March&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4718685&utm_term=Education-PastyButtSymptomsAndCare-TextLink&utm_campaign=4929938&returnStatus=
My wife tells me she mixes 1/2 cup per gallon. The website that we got that from no longer has that posted as they are now selling dried Vinegar powder for mixing with water. She uses the Bragg's brand with the mother in the vinegar. It only comes organic.

Back
Top Bottom