Patiently waiting for my babies:)

cellsworth

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 26, 2013
I am a newby Chicken Farmer!!! I am picking up 15 laying hens on July 8th. I am driving my Family crazy with all my chicken talk - I have read so much online this past week:). If my hubby had his way I would have ordered 15 of the same breed (BR). I of course after seeing how absolutely beautiful chickens are needed a variety. My list is crazy but these are my girls:

3 barred rock
2 black australorp
2 buff Orpington
3 golden buff
2 RI red
1 silver laced Wyandotte
1golden laced Wyandotte
1 speckled Sussex

I really really wanted a barnevelder & blue copper maran - but couldn't get the same hatch date:(. I gave up my Easter Eggers in order to get a couple others that are on my list (hope my little kids won't be too disappointed) I plan on naming every single one of my girls - need some nice name suggestions & any tips you would like to share I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome !
welcome-byc.gif
You have a nice mix of chickens. The way I named some of my chickens was using cartoon characters such as "Pebbles", "Bam-Bam", Fred, Barney, Betty, Wilma or I watch how the chicken acts. I have one Speckled Sussex rooster named "Bugsey" because I was watching him one day after my husband got done mowing and the little rooster was going nuts running through the cut grass chasing grasshoppers and other delicious bugs. I have a black sex link hen named "Henny Penny" after the chicken from the childrens book. The rooster in my avatar picture is "Billy Bob". My granddaughter named him. I still have 5 hens that do not have names yet and I bought them in March. When I bought the chicks, they all looked the same. All the new chicks have all their feathers and I can tell them apart now. I think I may choose a letter of the alphabet and go from there!

Again Welcome from Spokane Washington!

Chicken Girls Sue
thumbsup.gif

Thank you all for your warm welcome:) Now, lets hope this week flies by ~ can't wait to pick up my girls.......7 days to go!!

Back
Top Bottom