PDX Peep, Getting Ducks in the Spring!

backthatelfup

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 21, 2013
Portland, OR
Howdy! Tristan here, aka backthatelfup all over the interwebs. New to the board and wanted to introduce myself! I've been looking over the board for a while, trying to get info and inspiration for our future flock. We just moved into a house and we're set on getting ducks in the spring! I'm so excited!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yeah. No birdies yet but we're researchers. We know we'll learn a lot along the way and by doing but reading up is always good! I have Raising Ducks by David Holderread and been enjoying it.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

ZERO XD For now!

(3) What breeds do you have?

None but planning on getting Anconas or Cayugas. Anconas are so adorable!

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Via the magic of the Internet; looking for ideas for our future duck house. Also, my wonderful cousin who has chickens :D

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Cooking, baking, reading, writing fantasy and science fiction, collecting BPAL and trying to get into gardening. Like I said, we just got a house with a rather formidable yard!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Wife and mother; spouse and I have one daughter, who is very excited about our possible mini farm. We have two kitties. I'm originally from NYC but call Portland, OR home. I'm a writer and a homemaker and I'm excited for what this yard and I can bring forth!

Greetings from Kansas, Tristan, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Good luck to you and your springtime ducks!

Thanks, everyone! ^^ I've been looking at the wonderful pics of coops, trying to get ideas for our own duck house!

I don't know who's more excited, myself or my six year old daughter! XD

Back
Top Bottom