PEACHICK COLOR

Hi, You will get all indiablue looking chicks with a couple of white flight feathers and some times with a white throat patch appearance wise.But, genetically they are 50% blue and 50% white. In the second generation, brother and sister mating will produce, pureblue, blue split to white, and pure white in the ratio of 25:50:25. No piedchicks what so ever, if you are expecting any.

Last edited:
Pedda- Does this mean that an IB with some white flight feathers indicates that it is split to white? Do they always?

Dark pied, and white eyed peafowl also will have white flight feathers and may also have white throat patch.

Hi, You will get all indiablue looking chicks with a couple of white flight feathers and some times with a white throat patch appearance wise.But, genetically they are 50% blue and 50% white. In the second generation, brother and sister mating will produce, pureblue, blue split to white, and pure white in the ratio of 25:50:25. No piedchicks what so ever, if you are expecting any.
All chicks will be India blue and have 1 copy of the white-eyed gene. Some birds will have the white-eyed pattern others may not show it at all. They may also have white flights. Second generation breeding of brother and sister will not produce white or split to white. White is a color. White-eyed is a pattern. Breeding of brother and sister will produce India blue white-eyed.

Hi, my friend Das, White hen always carry two white (TT )genes and Indiablue male carries two BB genes. Now all the chicks from these parents carry TB genes. one white gene (T ) from the mother and one Indiablue gene (B ) from the mother. Breeding brother and sister at F2 generation ( TB x TB )will produce chicks carrying TT, TB, and BB---pure white, Indiablue split to white, and pure Indiablue in the ratio of 25;50;25 .Pl.refer to ;Leggs peafowl farm basic genetics section or Hopkinslivestock farm A white peafowl , carrying two white genes ( TT ) may or may not carry one copy or two copies of white eye gene A white peafowl wihout white eye gene can not produce chicks with white eye at all.A silver pied peafowl carry , one white, one pied and two copies of white eye genes

Last edited:
Sorry, I read the original post wrong. For some reason I read white-eyed hen instead of white. My mistake.
idunno.gif

White is a color.

Not trying to rip on you, but more for informing our general readership. I believe otherwise. reason being is that any colour bird (ie bronze, charcoal, peach, purple, etc.) can actually look white. White masks the colour of any bird when 2 copies of the gene are present. Combinations of any other colour should in theory create another colour (ie purple x cameo were used to produce peach) White crossed with any other colour will only produce white, splits (which will end up looking like indian blue split to white or the other colour split to white) or the other colour when breeding second generation birds. It can be very complicated, but seeing the way that white is also an important part of pied and silver pied, I will refer to white as a pattern.

Last edited:
Not trying to rip on you, but more for informing our general readership. I believe otherwise. reason being is that any colour bird (ie bronze, charcoal, peach, purple, etc.) can actually look white. White masks the colour of any bird when 2 copies of the gene are present. Combinations of any other colour should in theory create another colour (ie purple x cameo were used to produce peach) White crossed with any other colour will only produce white, splits (which will end up looking like indian blue split to white or the other colour split to white) or the other colour when breeding second generation birds. It can be very complicated, but seeing the way that white is also an important part of pied and silver pied, I will refer to white as a pattern.
No offense taken. Rip away!
big_smile.png
I just choose to disagree with your interpretation.

Back
Top Bottom