Peafowl 101: Basic care, genetics, and answers.

Thank you for this information
I might be getting some peafowl
And I was wondering are they easy to get caught
By predators?
Also are they aggressive
Thank you

Thank you for this information
I might be getting some peafowl
And I was wondering are they easy to get caught
By predators?
Also are they aggressive
Thank you
If they were free range then yes, its easy for predators to catch them.

You mean aggressive to humans? No, they are not in general, only a few exceptions if a male was imprinted then he will attack humans thinking they are birds too, but its rare.

If they were free range then yes, its easy for predators to catch them.

You mean aggressive to humans? No, they are not in general, only a few exceptions if a male was imprinted then he will attack humans thinking they are birds too, but its rare.

Ok thank you for your response
What type if predators go after them
Around where I live we only have foxes and minks
And pet dogs
So would the foxes and minks be predators
Thank you

Hello, I am a brand new Mama of two peachicks. I have wanted a Peacock most of my adult life and finally live in a place where I can give the best home for them. I am so excited to have them but I would like to know if someone can please help me with gender? As I said I am brand new at this and welcome any help I can get. The two that we have are very sweet. My 11 year old loves them and has really stwpped up in helping me with them and they seem to love him as they run to him when they see him coming to the pen. Here they are. We have not named them yet and just call them babies because we don't know what they are. Feel free to give your opinion.

Too young to tell, looks like. When they are a little older (after they get their crowns in at least), come back and make a new thread to ask. Lot of people don't check this thread anymore. Congrats on your babies!!

Back
Top Bottom