Pecked in the eye!

BackyardKYchickens

In the Brooder
May 2, 2024
Has anyone ever been pecked in the eye? LOL I go out every morning before work to spend a little time with my 7 chickens and they always greet me by flying up on me and my head and all. Yesterday morning about the time I turned to the side one who was on my shoulder pecked me right in my left eye! OUCH!! Quick call to the eye doctor and she called in a antibiotic/steroid drop and I'm on the mend! I couldnt see for a day out of it!........moral of the story, dont be like me!

Has anyone ever been pecked in the eye? LOL I go out every morning before work to spend a little time with my 7 chickens and they always greet me by flying up on me and my head and all. Yesterday morning about the time I turned to the side one who was on my shoulder pecked me right in my left eye! OUCH!! Quick call to the eye doctor and she called in a antibiotic/steroid drop and I'm on the mend! I couldnt see for a day out of it!........moral of the story, dont be like me!
Hahaha, yes, I'm part of the "Pecked in the eye by my chicken" club! It seems there are many of us who are too smitten with our feathered children to listen to good advice. Ironically, I was tryin to show my son how sweet and harmless our girls are, since he is afraid of them. At least we all got a good laugh! Yes, it was painful for 2 days. Yes, there was an urgent care visit. Yes, I did (mostly) learn my lesson. I still can't help holding them close as they chirp sweetly to me. But now I put some distance between us if their attention goes to my face!

I too am joining the "pecked in the eye" club! :lol: Not intentionally was I letting them near my face, but I was crawling around cleaning something and bam!.... Right in the eyeball! I had blurred vision for a few days but it healed. I've also had my teeth been pecked as one was sitting on my lap, same bird bit my lip once, drew blood. I had a dentist appointment the next day and of course someone just HAD to ask how I got a wound on my lip. You can imagine the roars of laughter at my expense after hearing a chicken bit my lip. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom