Pecking/fight, 3 weeks, bald spot

gracemarie123

Hatching
Mar 25, 2024
I have a dozen 3.5 week chicks. One of them is kind of a bully and instigates the other chicks, but it looks like someone fought back today as she had a little blood on her neck and now a bald spot. Should I do anything? The others occasionally peck at it now but otherwise she’s fine. She had a spot of blood near her tail feathers as well but that’s been cleaned up and is gone.

Attachments

• IMG_8830.jpeg
    IMG_8830.jpeg
    403.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_8829.jpeg
    IMG_8829.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 10
:welcome Is the brooder getting too small as they get bigger? I find that they do not fight at this age when they have plenty of room. Keep a VERY close eye on red and or bald spots. It'll get much worse very fast if they are all interested in it and then you'll have to seperate. Red is a real trigger for chickens.

:welcome Is the brooder getting too small as they get bigger? I find that they do not fight at this age when they have plenty of room. Keep a VERY close eye on red and or bald spots. It'll get much worse very fast if they are all interested in it and then you'll have to seperate. Red is a real trigger for chickens.
Thank you! As far as space, I think we are fine there - just about 2 sq ft per chicken right now.

Back
Top Bottom