Pecking

Hellvagirl

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 4, 2008
Ellijay,GA
Friend gave me some game pulletts & a roo yesterday.I noticed on one of the pulletts that she doesnt have any back feathers,no tail feathers & they've pecked at her wings too.They were kept in a small 4'x4' cage till I got them and put them in a 10'x15' cage.I hoped that putting them in a bigger cage they wouldnt peck on her anymore.But when I went out this morning she was just standing there & didnt run like the others.I got her & brought her inside.She just stands there like shes depressed.She isnt bloody or has any open wounds.Thank god I got to her before that.I was just wondering if any of yall have suggetsions of what to do,I'm a newbie at this as you can see.

Thanks,Lisa

If you can keep her isolated then pump the protein to her and that will help the growth of new feathers. They were probably just in to small of an area for that many. Did they have enough to eat (free food all times)? Did they have any treats such as some grass or anything to eat as well? It is my understanding that they can get bored as well. The suggestion to me was get them a soot block to pick at that you can load with cabbage or greens and corn ears to make them have to work at picking at the food instead of each other.

Back
Top Bottom