Pekin duck 16 weeks old still has terrible limp Please Help

FeatheredFreind

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 10, 2012
Clear Spring, MD
I have had her on niacin and baby poly drops w/o iron since she hatched. She loves to swim but I have to carry her to and from the pool. She enjoys taking in some sun but at best she can take 10-12 steps then she really struggles. Legs and feet look normal. I don't know what else to do for her. Can anyone offer any help or suggestions? She is a lonely duck because I can''t put her with the other three because the gander is too rough for her and her leg..Besides she could never keep up with them.

If it were possible to get her looked at by a vet, you might get some more detailed information. She may have some kind of injury or congenital problem. There are little miniature carts that some people have made for their ducks to take most of the weight off their legs but so that they can still scoot around. You may have a special needs duck. Some kind of brace may help, it depends on the nature of her injury or whatever it is.

Thanks for replying but I have tried to find a vet in my area that would take birds and the closes it almost 3 hours away. Do you think a niacin deficincy could take so long?

I haven't seen a niacin deficiency not respond within a matter of a few weeks. That is why I think something may not be fitting together right, perhaps a bone or ligament or muscle.

Back
Top Bottom