Pekin Duck limping, no cause found

Zealo

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 8, 2014
When I let my pekin ducks out this morning, my drack came limping out.
I've tried to find cause by, checking the underside of his foot for bumps or cuts and checking for swelling increased heat.. And I found nothing..

For now (since I cant find a reason for the limp) I've moved him into a large dog cage to keep him from walking on it to much.

Would really love advise on this situation Please

Day three...

My drakes still limping, but it seems that keeping him in the small dog cage during the day and making him swim from time to time, is helping. The occasional 'multviamins' in his water also might be aiding as well.

I can tell that he hates going into the cage everyday, but generally puts up little fight. Also dislikes it when I make him go swimming, but the treats I give him keep him from complaining. Little worried that he might not be eating as much as he should be, though I can tell that he has been.. Mostly because his water always ends up filthy after the day is over with... He usually just seems so apathetic to eat it.. sometimes even treats. But I guess that happens when your forced to stay in a cage all day...

Last edited:
I have been unable to get online as much as usual lately - glad there seems to be some improvement.

A compress of Epsom salt solution may accelerate the healing. Don't let him drink it.

You may also want to post over on the Duck Forum - there are more duck people there.

Back
Top Bottom