pekins...?

happyhens44

BroodyAddict
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Northern WI
I'm having touble with the genders... Well there kinda young to have drake feathers if its a male.. their 5 weeks old. (when their babies the skreach if you pick them up because they want to be with the other ducks well one of them is loosing the skreach sound, it's voice is lowering. Out of the 2 I can't remember which one but her are some photos.

1st.
The one on the LEFT <-------

55446_quaker_nibbler_sona_quaker_hermen_001.jpg

and the one on the RIGHT ------>
55446_quaker_nibbler_sona_quaker_hermen_001.jpg

if you dont vent sex, you can only tell pekins apart from their voice, and their drake curls. Female pekins are very, loud. Even at 5 weeks you should be able to tell the differnce...females almost honk...males still sound peepy almost. good luck.

well, I just checked my ducks out the one is sounding lower, but not loud, and the other sounds really high, and out. if I have a male pekin, when will it get the drake feather in?

The one on the right almost looks like a drake to me, at least the way the tail feathers seem to be standing up. Can't tell on the one on the left though.

I got a Pekin duckling myself, I vent sexed and THINK it's a boy. Hoping I'm wrong though
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom