Status
Not open for further replies.

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
Hi, i was wondering if a pellet gun would kill anything?? a really high powered one...*what kinds are the high powered ones?* we have got to kill this weasel...and we dont have a real gun...can we use a pellet gun? thanks for any help, Wendy *who HATES weasels!*

Pellet gun might work for a weasel, but I wouldn't try it for a bear or mountain lion.

The good thing about the pellet gun is that it is discrete. Very quiet.

Rufus

DH shot a possum in the head once with a pellet gun and killed it. A weasel is smaller, so it would probably work. Personally, I think that 22's and shotguns make better varmit guns. DH only used the pellet gun on the possum because it was handy, and he did hit it just right (in the ear).

there are some "high end" pellet guns that would but for the most part common guns are useless. you're also dealing with a very small target.
if you can't borrow a 22 or small shotgun trapping might work better.

Quote:
lol...
lau.gif
i'll have to remember not to shoot at a bear with it....i imagine it'd just get it angry at me....
ep.gif
....so, you think it would kill a weasel??

Be sure, if you live in town, that there isn't an ordinance that prohibits using pellet gun. I know in some towns, even really small ones, have ban any type of gun that has the potential to be used as a weapon.

A pellet gun will kill a weasel but like flopshot said, it's a small target. Brands like Gamo and RWS are the more powerful models available but do get pricey. Your run of the mill Crossman or Daisey will not do the trick.

Bill

Silly me, I read your sig. and with 3 large dogs, 6 cats and pot belly pigs, you must live in the country....lol:oops:

A crossman will work or any pellet gun that you can "pump" it more than once. I had a crossman that was deadly. The only drawback is don't try to shoot from too far a distance. A 22 would still be ideal, and they don't make that much noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom