Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Wow... I just went to the Green Fire Farm website... suffering some major sticker shock here! I'm thinking they must be one of the 'top of the line' hatcheries?
Must be some pretty intense genetic work going on in their background to make sure they have the best of the best for stock.

Heather, that is soo neat!! I really can't wait to start all this
love.gif
..is that a specific- "candeling" light?..I'm wondering how that egg is staying on there..
hu.gif

Yes it is a Brinsea extra powerful candler. Its 40 dollars I think, well worth it. I can see in Marans eggs on 5, just enough to be able to tell if something is in there. I can see on day 3 with light brown, and 4 with the blue/green/med brown eggs. It also comes with 2 sizes of egg cups,quail/bantam, and LF Chicken, duck, turkey. It also does goose eggs, but you have to keep a hold of the egg.

Wow... I just went to the Green Fire Farm website... suffering some major sticker shock here! I'm thinking they must be one of the 'top of the line' hatcheries?
Must be some pretty intense genetic work going on in their background to make sure they have the best of the best for stock.

They do a lot of importing. Very rare breeds, even from the country of origin. Since they spend so much on them to get them to the US, they spend a lot to maintain them too.

Please pardon my memory. What are you looking for? Do you have birdies, or do you want to give a broody some eggs?

heatherscooby...

Here's the link to my ad...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/732514/wanted-8-10-hatching-eggs-for-broody-hen

I have a little Silkie who decided to put on her broody pants in the middle of winter and she won't quit! I can't get my intended breeding rooster and hens seperated for an extended time with the cold weather so I can't really use my own eggs. And there are some 'meatier' types I am really wanting to add to the flock so I thought I'd use this as a chance to start that.
The breeds I am thinking of are in the ad.

edit to add the ad post itself rather than just the link....

We are in need of some eggs for our little hen who decided to go broody on us. She can only cover about 8-10 and we are hoping to get a mix of breeds which we are wanting to use as base stock for next year. We aren't showing, our birds so SQ lineage not an issue.
What we would like is either 3 eggs each of 3 breeds, or 4 eggs of 2 breed type combo on the eggs if anyone has that available.
Cash/check for payment and it would be great if they were available in central or west central Pennsylvania and I could just pick them up instead of shipping... but I know that isn't too likely.

The breeds we would be interested in... Australorp, Plymouth Rock
Brahma, Delaware
Barred Rock, Chantecler
Sussex, Cornish

If you have any of these breeds and have eggs available in smaller lots can you contact me with info and requested price and shipping options.

Thank you!

Last edited:
LOL...sorry. I have lavender Ameraucanas, who I owe to like 5 people because I got carried away on ebay...but now they've stopped laying! So, I gotta sweet talk 'em. They were laying like crazy. I have black & blue copper marans, but not getting much from them, either, and been getting a few wheaten/blue wheaten Ameraucana pullet eggs, which are fertile. I've been putting a few of those & a few marans in as bonus eggs with the lav orders. The buckeyes are laying pretty well, but they're in with my redstars, so fertility probably isn't great. 15 hens to one roo. I did see him doing his thing with a buckeye hen, so that's good. The buckeyes come from SQ lines & the roo took a 1st place ribbon earlier this year via the lady I got them from. I get about a dozen eggs a day from the buckeye/red chicken pen, but the others are limited ATM. Brats.

You're welcome to test 'em out if you just feel like incubating something. Not much or anything epic, but still fun :)

And congrats, Sally! *squeals* You rock!

MY LIST of WANTS (NOT DREAMS)

2 HENS Silkies either White, blue, splash or red/buff IDK what color they call those???? 2 HENS Blue Cochin 2 More SQ Dark Brahma Hens Serama Eggs from ED for the kid, HarmonyAnn
I won GFF eggs yesterday on the NYDhatchalong

gotta pick what breeds Isbars Tolbunts Cream crested legbars Rhodebars Swedish Flower Hens White Breese Jubliee Orpingtons Dwarf Olandsk Sumtalers Partridge barthuners Biefelders Sumtalers Chocolate bantam Orps Cream crested legbars
TONIGHT I won more from madamwlf ... not sure what kind she has????

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/madamwlfs-swap-page
Wow! I've been working on a flock of Swedish Flower Hens, always end up hatching roosters, only one hen so far. And those Jubilee Orpngtons, just beautiful, but the eggs are so expensive! Haven't been able to justify the price yet, but am starting to like the look of my Orpingtons a lot.

Back
Top Bottom