Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Oletymer, I dearly wish you could do a portrait of our Bess, but it's nigh impossible to get a good picture of her. All you see is long black hair covering everything and it's a type of hair coat that absorbs the light instead of reflecting it in a picture.

Oletymer, I dearly wish you could do a portrait of our Bess, but it's nigh impossible to get a good picture of her. All you see is long black hair covering everything and it's a type of hair coat that absorbs the light instead of reflecting it in a picture.
Well can u post any of them so I can see what u have?
hmm.png

This is Brown Bear. He is a 5-y-o German Shepherd/Collie Mix. Raised with children and other animals his owners moved, and didn't bring him with them. I am thinking of adopting him this coming week. I have been lucky with my last few dogs. They stay in the yard. How will I know Bear is ready to be off leash in the yard? Ironic that I am not worried about introducing the chickens. His breeds and a general understanding of dogs eases my mind on that front. I am interested in tips on training him to not cross the property line. I only have an acre. Cars are a (small) concern too.
My sister has an invisible fence...not like the buried kind, but one that has a base station. She places it in her dining room which is at the back of the house, thus the dogs have free roam behind the house...but only have to the curb in front of the house.....oh...and she hasn't put batteries in the dogs collars in prolly 2 years...once the dogs got their mild zaps a few times....they had no more interest in going into the street or off the property.

Anyone have adult royal palms? Looking to either gt hens or hatching eggs.

I don't, but there's a vendor at a farmer's market I occasionally do that sells them (butchered) Over the weekend, I can find out if they have a breeding flock, and if they sell eggs/poults. They're from Juniata county, so not terribly far either.

This is Brown Bear. He is a 5-y-o German Shepherd/Collie Mix. Raised with children and other animals his owners moved, and didn't bring him with them. I am thinking of adopting him this coming week.
I have been lucky with my last few dogs. They stay in the yard. How will I know Bear is ready to be off leash in the yard? Ironic that I am not worried about introducing the chickens. His breeds and a general understanding of dogs eases my mind on that front. I am interested in tips on training him to not cross the property line. I only have an acre. Cars are a (small) concern too.
He's quite a handsome guy. Other than his ear set, he looks very much like a black & tan English Shepherd, like Fisherlady and I have. If he were, that would be a good thing. I don't know from personal experience, but I've heard GSD usually have too much prey drive to be safe with chickens.

Ok so need help, the other 2 eggs have shown no progression! They both pipped but they didn't pip well more like just put cracks in their eggs. So I just removed the little bit that they. Raked in hopes if they got air they would move a long better but nothing! What should I do? Should I remove the original 2 and just leave them be or should I assist them in anyway! Please any help is welcome!! :/

Back
Top Bottom