Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Is that normal for a chicken to just drop dead!! WTH... Should I cull them all? I have no clue what happened? And start fresh? Oh I'm going to need some new ladies if anyone has brown/white, large egg layers... Awe man....

It happens. It could have been any # of things. From Heart to Tumor and anywhere in between. I wouldn't cull if there weren't any warning signs. I don't know of any disease that just kills a chicken overnight without some kind of warning signal. Of course I'm no expert either.
hu.gif

Quote:
Well, my house is overwhelmed with poultry again
th.gif
Chicken math strike? I think yes.

It all started with the usual drive to TSC to get feed. horrible mistake. I had Khaki Cs 7 years ago, so seeing baby duckies tore at my heart strings. And why not get some chickie companions for them? Came home with 4 ducklings, 6 RSL, 4 meaties, a buff rock and a white silkie. Ok, 16 isn't too bad right? and it's not like I'm keeping the meaties forever...

literally 3 days later, my 4H leader passes. Club is in shock. Adoption process is organized for her 150-200 Adult birds. I come home with a pair of Wheaten Ameraucana bantams, a pair of standard Buff Ameraucanas, and a Splash silkie pullet. Unexpected, but hopefully everything will be fine!! Gorgeous birds...

30 eggs make it to lockdown. 7 out, 3 more pips. it's only day 21. NHR look like they're not going to hatch well, so why not order 4 more from my feed store in June? Didn't seem like a bad idea at the time
lol.png

Not to mention 15 Porter turkeys coming in June. Heritage birds, so I decided that I'll probably order 2 BBB and a blue slate from feed store. Blue slates look cool, why not?
gig.gif
So probably making that 18 turkeys...

Have you met Sally yet? I think you 2 might have something in common.

Came home to my favorite girl Orencia dead!! Omg! WTH

She laid a really big egg too... Her last one
sad.png
WTH

So sorry. 8(

This is my silkie. I think the other rooster and he had a disagreement. I don't think any of our cats could've done this. Opinions? He already looked a mess but now...ewww

This is silkie before bloodshed

Do you have him in with a LF rooster? That is what happened with mine a while back. I have to keep them away from all of my other roos now. The stupid Silkie roos don't realize how small they are and they want to throw down with the big boys. I'd clean that out and put an antibiotic ointment on it. Anyone have a specific recommendation?

The more I look at that pic, is the comb actually torn down off of his forehead?
sickbyc.gif
Poor guy! I think you should go ask on the emergency/medical help thread (whatever it's called). I would think it would have to be put back in place somehow, but I really don't have a clue how you'd do it.

I don't think his comb is torn off. I think he probably got pecked at a lot to the point if bleeding and his hair isn't as fluffy on his head and looks worse than it is. I'm gonna try to grab him tonight or tomorrow morning. I hope I don't come back just as bloody!!!!!

I don't think his comb is torn off. I think he probably got pecked at a lot to the point if bleeding and his hair isn't as fluffy on his head and looks worse than it is. I'm gonna try to grab him tonight or tomorrow morning. I hope I don't come back just as bloody!!!!!

At moments like this, you usually here someone say "You should see the other guy." However, from the looks of it, I don't think he saw the other guy. This is why running is sometimes a great strategy!

Definitely look him over and get some care, you don't want an infection to set in to those wounds.

At moments like this, you usually here someone say "You should see the other guy." However, from the looks of it, I don't think he saw the other guy. This is why running is sometimes a great strategy!

Definitely look him over and get some care, you don't want an infection to set in to those wounds.

Definitely. Watched him for a while after work today and he was a lil shy but was roosting like normal later. Keep you's guys posted (you's guys is Shamokin!)

Back
Top Bottom