Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey guys! I have a question for all the duck peeps on here. Basically, ducks are sloppy and they're inside my wife's office right now. What I do is keep them under the lamp in a nice size plastic bin. However, I thought I would let them eat and drink outside the bin while supervised to cut down in the slop inside the bin. It's cut down on the slop inside the bin but they muck up crazy when left out (on newspaper and water on plastic top away from food). What is the easiest/cleanest way to keep these suckers?????
My wife is "at wits end!" Hellllllllllpppp!!!!!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/duckling-care-brooder-ideas

Quote: LOL yeah right!
hugs.gif
so I didnt miss anything but getting my poultry tech cert?
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I moved my 8 "teenage" 3 week old chicks into an XL dog crate today. Currently, there isn't a heat lamp on it b/c the temp in the cage is 80+ without it (the bathroom is extra warm b/c of the other brooder in there with the tiny 1 week olds). Is that ok?

omg it must be my meds, I thought this was a shopping cart with chicks in it

Thanks for the suggestions! I think I might just have to clean box after each time they eat and if I let them run around it'll have to be without water for now.
Also, I had my Cochins in quarantine for 3 weeks and finally left them out today!!!! They established pecking order QUICK!!!! They did great and one followed the crew right into roost tonight! The other 2 had to be transported by poppa but perched right there! The first Cochin was roosting right next to our big bad rooster...just chillin!!!! Amazing!!!!

omg it must be my meds, I thought this was a shopping cart with chicks in it
Nope, you aren't the only one! LOL

We must have chicken shopping on the brain! Or are you getting over a bout of the stomach flu also? I got whacked with it a few days ago.... (remind me to send a thank you card to the patient who shared it with me Tuesday morning!
sickbyc.gif
)

Thankfully I am otherwise pretty healthy so it didn't keep me knocked down too long once the fevers broke! Was even able to spend the day outside with the chickens and firewood pile today... what a beautiful day to be out with the critters!

A wife being the romantic sort sent her husband a text......

"If you are sleeping, send me your dreams.

If you are laughing, send me your smile.
If you are eating, send me a bite.

If you are drinking, send me a sip.

If you are crying, send me your tears. I love you."

He replied........ "I'm taking a crap. What should I do?"
LMAO

Back
Top Bottom