Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

...so...captain jack sparrow bit my son when he went to let them out of the coop. He was petting the brahma and when he stood up, captain jack bit him in the leg. Smh. I don't know what to do with him as he tried to do that to me yesterday, but I thought it was because he saw something shiny.
First, IMO I would get rid of the roo.
The actual "retraining" exercises are; Carry the rooster around for about half an hour like a football. Talk to him, stroke him, ignore him. Doesn't matter.
Second, kick him (like a football again) when he comes at you. Don't go overboard. I know someone that killed the rooster the first time.
Third, separate him from the flock. I believe two weeks was the time out suggested.
If you like having a rooster, there are tons of nice ones that need a home.

13 1/2 dozen chocolate chip, 2 dozen rolled sugar, 1 dozen sugar cookie bark.
We post pics of chicks all the time, we figured it was time for some equal opportunity. Didn't want you guys to feel left out.
It was on the HBG craigslist I think....thought about grabbing it for a nano second...then realized i STILL don't have a pickup.

I'm on my way!!! I played basketball for 2 hours this morning and have lots of extra calories to eat!!!!!

I got a roo tues night from Fisherlady, Mr Green Jeans, he's adjusting very well. My question is, how long do I have to keep him in the coop before I can let him free range? Is 3 nights enough for him to know where home is?

Oh Christ... now I'm scared that if I get chickens they'll attack my son who is 5 years old, and has autism. He's petrified of dogs, but likes looking at the chickens at Linvilla Orchards.

Oh Christ...  now I'm scared that if I get chickens they'll attack my son who is 5 years old, and has autism. He's petrified of dogs, but likes looking at the chickens at Linvilla Orchards.

My 2 yo grandson is smaller than my largest roo. The chances of him being attacked are slim. Especially if you don't have a roo.

Oh Christ... now I'm scared that if I get chickens they'll attack my son who is 5 years old, and has autism. He's petrified of dogs, but likes looking at the chickens at Linvilla Orchards.
Just stick with pullets and you'll be fine!
D.gif

Pretty sure Bruce could fix that roosters behavior problem ....
I was thinking the same thing
Quote: these things only work temporarily, you will never be able to fully trust that rooster, you will need to always look over your shoulder, he will do it again..
Quote: yea...my daughter lives in carlisle,,,,need to come up with a reason to go see her so I can stop and get some cookies.
just my opinion here,,,,first you need to teach your son not to show that fear,,,,,,any animal big or small can sense fear and use it to their advantage,,,,come to think of it,,,,,so do humans.:
Quote: folks, I have call ducks in the incubator, they will need a home if hatched,,,,,there's 14 eggs...

Back
Top Bottom