Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey guys and gals. I lost my job a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I can't really afford to keep my chickens. They are 7 weeks and need a coop and I just don't have the money to buy or build one. So, I would like to rehome my chickens. I have 5 pullets, 7 weeks. Two BR, 2 RIR and one really pretty white americauna. I'm in York county all the way at the bottom. (I'm 5 minutes from the MD line.) It breaks my heart but I want my chickens to have a good home and I just can't afford to give them what they need. I can also give away some grit, feed and bedding and my heat lamp if wanted. Please PM me if you know someone who might be interested. Thanks!

There is a store close to me that sells local honey. Pretty sure that's within an hour of you.

Sonnewald Natural Foods 4796 Lehman Rd Spring Grove PA 17362
I know Sonnewalds and while they do sell honey from a "local beekeeper" ~ It is from a larger producer that moves hive to Florida and does process their honey. It is not "raw".

Sonnewalds has tried to find local beekeepers that sell raw honey, but can't find anyone who can supply the volume that they sell there.

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals. I lost my job a few weeks ago and I'm pretty sure I can't really afford to keep my chickens. They are 7 weeks and need a coop and I just don't have the money to buy or build one. So, I would like to rehome my chickens. I have 5 pullets, 7 weeks. Two BR, 2 RIR and one really pretty white americauna. I'm in York county all the way at the bottom. (I'm 5 minutes from the MD line.) It breaks my heart but I want my chickens to have a good home and I just can't afford to give them what they need. I can also give away some grit, feed and bedding and my heat lamp if wanted. Please PM me if you know someone who might be interested. Thanks!

Sorry to hear that. Have you looked into building a "pallet coop" You can get free pallets and use the wood to build a coop very cheaply.

Congratulations to

Fisherlady and Radioman

Missy and her new DH

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

There is a store close to me that sells local honey. Pretty sure that's within an hour of you.

Sonnewald Natural Foods 4796 Lehman Rd Spring Grove PA 17362

Wing:

There is a guy I used to buy raw honey from a couple of years ago...."Exton Bee"......you can google it. (Though he's really located closer to Downingtown). My understanding is that this is a tough time to find honey as the bees haven't been out and about in months....hope this helps

Quote: for those that know where i am at, this is only 10 minutes north...
Quote: It really does make a difference when you can find it raw, well worth the search.....i have bought lots in stores that say it's raw but surely does not taste like it.....
If I can not find the wildflower honey locally raw, any suggestions on what would be closest besides the clover.

Back
Top Bottom