Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Welcome to PA where nothing goes the way it's supposed to! We don't even have a poultry person at our Ag Extension office! The closest one is Lancaster...and they're dedicated to commercial producers...not backyard flocks!

Missy!! I hear that! We do not have a poultry person at our county extension either Chester County, I waited over a month for a call back from another office.

Anyway, Country Chick, you don't need to be NPIP certified to show in PA. Most shows require you to be clear of AI and Pullorum, it depends on the show - so start there. Contact the show and find out what they require. Assuming it's AI and Pullorum, you will need a Certified Poultry Tech or licensed vet to take the samples from your birds. RodriguezPoultry probably has better info than me, I believe she was on time for class... And paid more attention. :D

I'm not certain which region you're in but my best guess is that you may be in Allegheny County? And so perhaps Dr. Erin Moore can steer you toward a tech OR someone else who can. Her number is (717) 443-1585. Good luck! And welcome to the Keystone State!

Hello,

This is Dr. Tracy Moussa VMD. I have raised many breeds of poultry since i was a little girl...and i still do. I eventually went to University of Pennsylvania for Veterinary School. My first job out of veterinary school was working under Dr. Hall as my mentor at Smoketown Veterinary Hospital. He taught me SOOO much!!! I am writing b/c somebody put a bad post about me and made me upset. I just started my own practice 2 1/2 yrs ago doing affordable spaying and neutering and other surgeries. I will treat birds..especially chickens occasionally b/c i know what to do...it was just upseting to read a post about me that i couldn't help her hen...i used my medical judgement to help the hen b/c i didn't have the resources to help her hen...i'm a very honest veterinarian and if it is beyond my capabilities i will refer them out. I feel bad i couldn't help her hen...but for her to badmouth me is very upseting. I have treated several chickens and parrots at my clinic with very good success. When she said i gave her an antibiotic she never heard of it was probably Baytril...this person is not a veterinarian. I studied my butt off to be a good, caring veterinarian....don't know what else to say...

Sorry you were bad-mouthed. All I saw was a review from over a year ago on page 45?

While you're here,
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Hello,

This is Dr. Tracy Moussa VMD. I have raised many breeds of poultry since i was a little girl...and i still do. I eventually went to University of Pennsylvania for Veterinary School. My first job out of veterinary school was working under Dr. Hall as my mentor at Smoketown Veterinary Hospital. He taught me SOOO much!!! I am writing b/c somebody put a bad post about me and made me upset. I just started my own practice 2 1/2 yrs ago doing affordable spaying and neutering and other surgeries. I will treat birds..especially chickens occasionally b/c i know what to do...it was just upseting to read a post about me that i couldn't help her hen...i used my medical judgement to help the hen b/c i didn't have the resources to help her hen...i'm a very honest veterinarian and if it is beyond my capabilities i will refer them out. I feel bad i couldn't help her hen...but for her to badmouth me is very upseting. I have treated several chickens and parrots at my clinic with very good success. When she said i gave her an antibiotic she never heard of it was probably Baytril...this person is not a veterinarian. I studied my butt off to be a good, caring veterinarian....don't know what else to say...

Hello,

Tracy...you're AWESOME!! I will stick up for you and defend your advice anytime. You've given me great advice and assistance over the years with my poultry and goats. It was great to see you at Green Dragon last week. Hope you can make it more often.

Keith

Hi Keith!! THANK YOU for your kind words. I had such fun at green dragon!! I was sad i had to leave early....i hope those baby nubians got good homes and the doe with the underbite:( If not don't tell me. I won't be there tonight but will try to go again next week...the baby chinese gosling is doing great...the polish frizzle rooster is still in a big cage in my chicken house until my main rooster..a white crested black polish, gets used to him. I'm getting some baby chicks(unusual polish breeds,etc.) and black runner female ducklings next week. LOVE YOU!!!

Back
Top Bottom