Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Also, I was wondering if anyone had ever been to the middleburg livestock auction. I am having a very hard time building up my first flock and I am sick of dealing with hatcheries, I was thinking of going to a livestock auction to get some of the breeds that I haven't been having luck with... please let me know. I am willing to travel, and if anyone has an partridge cochins, EE, or silver spangled hamburg hens for sale let me know. thanks

I've never been to the Middleburg auction, but I have a couple EE eggs in the bator, along with Salmon Faverolles. I'm about an hour south of Sunbury, but would be willing to meet you somewhere in that area if you wanted some. I 'should' thin the ranks of my earlier spring hatches, so would have some older EE's too.

It doesn't help poor beaglady that I keep sending her eggs from my Sebrights to hatch...so she "must" fill out the bator with whatever her girls are producing! LOL

As to the question of bulk feed...I've been getting mine from my local feed mill and I get it in 100 lb bags for $21.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had ever been to the middleburg livestock auction. I am having a very hard time building up my first flock and I am sick of dealing with hatcheries, I was thinking of going to a livestock auction to get some of the breeds that I haven't been having luck with... please let me know. I am willing to travel, and if anyone has an partridge cochins, EE, or silver spangled hamburg hens for sale let me know. thanks

I don't buy at actions myself because of diseases and such. If you choose to do so remember to quarantine them!!! I think Middleburg is up 15??? or somewhere up there??? I don't have EE right now, they are to young to sex, but I have some Ameraucana pullets, and I could also stand to sell some of my hens. I have a blue and a black hen that lays a blue/green egg. They have very sparse beards, but they have muffs and a pea comb. You could also try to buy some hatching eggs............just a thought.

Well, here's the hatch update. This is Olive, my only Olive Egger, the first to pip, upside down, the first to hatch. This has been the longest 24 hours EVER!!! So far I have 8 chicks, 1 olive egger, 2 black copper maran, 1 splash maran, 2 buff orps, & 2 buff/black orp mix. Only 3 to go with 1 pipped. Can I tell you that this all started yesterday while I had 3 gals and 12 kids over swimming? I've had the bator in my bedroom closet, so that's where they hatched, with 16 people watching IN A CLOSET! Humidity was skyrocketing, temp was jumping, CRAZINESS!! I'll post a pic after everyone is dry and fluffy.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

i need some laying hens. i need them for a good friend. i can't give up mine i just started a new flock. any type will do. i am willing to pay and drive to pick up . i am by the maryland line.
thanks
bruce.

I wanted to put out here that I am looking for some NICE quality calico silkies. Wanting a few pullets and a young roo.

Also interested in a few young serama pullets.

Please let me know if you have anything available.

I don't buy at actions myself because of diseases and such. If you choose to do so remember to quarantine them!!! I think Middleburg is up 15??? or somewhere up there??? I don't have EE right now, they are to young to sex, but I have some Ameraucana pullets, and I could also stand to sell some of my hens. I have a blue and a black hen that lays a blue/green egg. They have very sparse beards, but they have muffs and a pea comb. You could also try to buy some hatching eggs............just a thought.
How much would you be asking for your Ameraucana pullets, or hens? Where are you located. The great thing is I am just starting my flock, so right now my run is empty (chicks still in brooder) and I could keep any I got from an auction seperate very easy!!

Back
Top Bottom