Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

caf.gif
yes I have infiltrated the PA thread but I only live 20 minutes from the border and do more things in PA than in NY. Who's goning to host a chicken stock next year?
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
You have chocolate silkies?! What did you cross to introduce the chocolate color?

i used a white crested chocolate polish rooster. if you want, i can email you and give you more details. thanks, mose

Quote:
You have chocolate silkies?! What did you cross to introduce the chocolate color?

i used a white crested chocolate polish rooster. if you want, i can email you and give you more details. thanks, mose

Thanks, I'd love to hear from you and see picttures if possible.

I live in south central Pa (york co) I am looking for breeders of Marans, and the blue/green egg layers. I am looking for hatching eggs and or chicks. Anyone know of anyone one close to me.
thanks

Quote:
I got olive eggers (cuckoo marans/Ameraucana) and BBS Ameraucana eggs from CottageGarden last March. I think she lives near Philly. This is the link to the auction I won for these eggs ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=321531

My
Ameraucanas and Olive Eggers hatched from those eggs are now laying and I hope to offer locally some hatching eggs and/or chicks in late winter or in the spring. I do have some eggs now but most are on the small (pullet) size and I have not checked for fertility yet.

I have 3 Ameraucana pullets ~ 1 splash and 2 black and a splash Ameraucana cockerel. I also have 3 black and 1 blue olive egger pullets covered by the same splash cockerel. Since the olive eggers will be covered by the Ameraucana cockerel the resulting chicks could lay blue or green ~ probably not very olive though.

My avatar is my splash Ameraucana pullet.

I live in Dover.

P1120472ferns1stegg.jpg

P1120300.jpg

Last edited:
I live in south central Pa (york co) I am looking for breeders of Marans, and the blue/green egg layers. I am looking for hatching eggs and or chicks. Anyone know of anyone one close to me.
thanks]

I have a trio of Dark egg layers, I bought some e-bay eggs that were either BCM or BCM/Welsummer crosses, all of the eggs I got were super dark, and I have kept 3 birds. Hopefully in spring I will have some chicks out of them, they look like pure BCM, but, only time will tell.​

Back
Top Bottom