Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

HELP!!!! My one hen is acting werid....She is eating and drinking but she seems off balance. She walks and kinda falls over and uses her wing to like balance herself/keep herself up.... Any ideas? Looks normal other wise/ feet/eyes/nose all clear.

HELP!!!! My one hen is acting werid....She is eating and drinking but she seems off balance. She walks and kinda falls over and uses her wing to like balance herself/keep herself up.... Any ideas? Looks normal other wise/ feet/eyes/nose all clear.

I just had a similar problem Brittany, I searched Google and the threads here at BYC and felt that a vitamin deficiency was the likely culprit. I keep Human Infant liquid vitamins with NO iron on hand and gave my girl some of those. I would try that if I were you.

Poly-Vi-Sol - I give a dose in the mouth if they are willing and in their water. If they are not willing, I kind of force them by dripping it on the side of their beak and gently pry their beak open a bit. I don't put it down their throat in fear of aspirating them.

I have one going though the same thing. She's 3yrs old and this is my 2nd round with her since I've owned her.

So, I have eggs due to hatch in the next 24-48hrs and no brooder set up. I don't even know what to use because I will not have birds in the house EVER again. The cats have access to the chicken shed (food and water is in there) and I can't set up my brooder because it's to big. So, looks like I need a new tote and some wire. Oh, and I set eggs for the New Years hatch. Sadly, my chickens seem to cold to do their jobs. I just tossed 20 of the 23 eggs I set the last 2wks.

Poly-Vi-Sol - I give a dose in the mouth if they are willing and in their water. If they are not willing, I kind of force them by dripping it on the side of their beak and gently pry their beak open a bit. I don't put it down their throat in fear of aspirating them.

I have one going though the same thing. She's 3yrs old and this is my 2nd round with her since I've owned her.

So, I have eggs due to hatch in the next 24-48hrs and no brooder set up. I don't even know what to use because I will not have birds in the house EVER again. The cats have access to the chicken shed (food and water is in there) and I can't set up my brooder because it's to big. So, looks like I need a new tote and some wire. Oh, and I set eggs for the New Years hatch. Sadly, my chickens seem to cold to do their jobs. I just tossed 20 of the 23 eggs I set the last 2wks.
Where did you get your stuff at?

Me to,,,,we can recover at the same time....

This is when living off the property becomes really a pain in the butt,,,,hoping that changes in the next year,,,,,party will follow moving  day

Be happy to help! (party, not move)

Where did you get your stuff at?

Most drug stores, walmart, etc. Carry it. Be sure to get the one without iron. They are liquid baby vitamins.

Me to,,,,we can recover at the same time....

This is when living off the property becomes really a pain in the butt,,,,hoping that changes in the next year,,,,,party will follow moving day

So it's a balmy 27 out there, the gates are frozen shut, I'm one slip n fall away from a hip replacement...arrrgh! been bringing the waterers in at night which helps.
Please be careful you guys
hugs.gif
..no-one needs to be smacking flesh off of ice...oh just thinking about that makes me hurt!!
sad.png
...hope everyone is doing well, staying warm and had the shovels ready...I guess we are really in for a big one!! They are calling for 4-8 inches...
fl.gif
fingers are crossed that we stay on the lower-end of that estimate!! Take care all!!- Danielle
cool.png

They are very similar (I think even easier) to chickens. They need water if they have access to food. Weather permitting, I make them forage during the day (no free handouts) and then give them feed in their kennel at night. This time of year, they have access to the feed all day also. Ohhhh.... swans would be awesome!!!!! When you win that lotto, you are going to have to move back here so I can enjoy your pond and lily pads too!!
hahaha...ummm, I really don't think Lancaster Co. would be the next homestead, maybe a vacation home
tongue.png
...not that I don't think it is great, with all the farmers markets, friends and family! I just need a bit more elbow room...hahaha and mountains!!
wink.png

Bovidr lab's Poultry Nutri-Drench is like Poly Vi Sol made just for poultry.
Mainlines directly into the bloodstream, does not need to be digested.
Tractor Supply sells it for 6.99 for 4 oz. in dropper bottle.
Great stuff, have used Bovidr labs products on my dogs and poultry for over a decade.
http://nutridrench.com/poultry-1.html
Best,
Karen in Ligonier

Last edited:
Weather forecast is freaking me out. I want to get the feed and water done before the storm, but don't want the water out before light as it will freeze. I hit a deer last night, first time for me. Very upsetting, screwed up my front end, had to drive home at 20 mph as the bumper is pressed up against my tire. :(

Back
Top Bottom