Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I will! I can't wait! I am new to turkeys but am really enjoying raising them! Here is a pic of the Tom I got. He is 6-7 months old and just started to display this week. The girls are so comical especially my smallest hen. She bosses all the others around! LOL

No, I have not gotten tested since moving back to PA. I was when I was in GA and they were due for retesting in November but I have not done it since being back here as yet.

I really miss GA this time of year. I moved from GA to PA about 17 years ago and I still miss it. I hope my family realizes what a sacrifice I made to move back close to them
hmm.png

RE: planning for spring.....................

I also ordered some seed potatoes ---------

always wanted to grow potatoes in a container of some sort!

I heard there is very good yield.

Veggie garden and flower garden will be great for me and for chicken food.

Nasturtium
marigolds
all greens: spinach, chard, lettuce, parsley, basil,
peppers ( several types) tomatoes ( several types)
tiny pumpkins, sugar baby watermelon, butternut squash, cucumbers

I ordered kidney beans yet never have grown them or seen others do this?

sunflowers,
carrots, radishes

then strawberries and blueberries.......

since I cant free range my gals..........at least I can give them some fresh produce from the yard

and I hope to make a small covered grassy area with the wire cover so that grass can grow thru and they can eat the tops of the grass and not down to the roots............

do chickens eat leek? I also really love leek and have ordered these too!

lets hope this works!

RE: planning for spring.....................

I also ordered some seed potatoes ---------

always wanted to grow potatoes in a container of some sort!

I heard there is very good yield.

Veggie garden and flower garden will be great for me and for chicken food.

Nasturtium
marigolds
all greens: spinach, chard, lettuce, parsley, basil,
peppers ( several types) tomatoes ( several types)
tiny pumpkins, sugar baby watermelon, butternut squash, cucumbers

I ordered kidney beans yet never have grown them or seen others do this?

sunflowers,
carrots, radishes

then strawberries and blueberries.......

since I cant free range my gals..........at least I can give them some fresh produce from the yard

and I hope to make a small covered grassy area with the wire cover so that grass can grow thru and they can eat the tops of the grass and not down to the roots............

do chickens eat leek? I also really love leek and have ordered these too!

lets hope this works!
I am really curious with the kidney beans....I am wondering if you could take the dried ones in the bags and plant them..or maybe they have done too much to them and they won't....definately keep me posted on those would you Lisa?...very curious!!

I will! I can't wait! I am new to turkeys but am really enjoying raising them! Here is a pic of the Tom I got. He is 6-7 months old and just started to display this week. The girls are so comical especially my smallest hen. She bosses all the others around! LOL
How much do you think he weighs at 6-7 months? Would you happen to know the hens weight also?....Hubby is now leaning towards the BB's because of the "white meat" factor...I wanted something a bit more colorful in the yard, but really ..he is the one eating so....

What area did you live in? I had lived in Thomaston. I miss it too especially this winter!
wink.png
I hope to go back one day.

I live in Macon for 2 years, but traveled to Atlanta often, and other cities like Savannah, Charleston, and Greenville occasionally. I loved all the places and I would like to move back too someday.

Hi ladies, a few days ago I decided to make soup using a bag of16 beans. I soak it. I ended up only using half the bag and left the other half to make another day. The beans that were still soaking did sprout. Hope this answers your question.

Back
Top Bottom