Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I have had my incubator on for 2 days now and my hygrometer arrived yeastarday, and i put it in before i went to bed and i went up this morning and it said the temp was 35.7 and the humidity was 61%, i got the temp up to 37.7 - 37.5 but i havent got the humidity down yet. Will this wreck the hatch, is it too late or is there still a chance,
hmm.png
the reason i put it on with out my hygrometer was because it the box said it was accurate im going to get another thermometer later to make sure it was right. Any help please
sad.png
thanks
Is it reading Celsius?

COWS!!!!! We need cows! And horses! And ducks! And geese! And quail, and peacocks, and CATS! We need cats!! Maybe ferrets, and pigs, and donkeys and we can make some mules, and we can .... Woman, watch what you ask me. I may be a city girl, but I love animals!

Lions and tigers and bears....oh my
smile.png

Oh how I wish we had the land to do all of that!

COWS!!!!! We need cows! And horses! And ducks! And geese! And quail, and peacocks, and CATS! We need cats!! Maybe ferrets, and pigs, and donkeys and we can make some mules, and we can .... Woman, watch what you ask me. I may be a city girl, but I love animals!

Lions and tigers and bears....oh my
smile.png
wee.gif
ya.gif
yippiechickie.gif
I want lions and tigers and bears! And elephants! I read they have developed a mini elephant! I want a big one though! Take that Amish buggy! I'm riding my elephant!
tongue.gif

Is it reading Celsius?

For those that may have missed it, randerson has joined our group from across the pond (N Ireland if I recall).

Humidity is high if unless you are in lockdown. The only thing you can do is get the water out of the incubator and/or remove any vent plugs it may have. I run mine without water until lockdown, but that's just me.

For those that may have missed it, randerson has joined our group from across the pond (N Ireland if I recall).

Humidity is high if unless you are in lockdown. The only thing you can do is get the water out of the incubator and/or remove any vent plugs it may have. I run mine without water until lockdown, but that's just me.
Yea Northern Ireland :) so I have to get all the water out, will it affect the hatch because of the high humidity and low temp :/ the temp is staying around 37.5-37.7

I'm up for a picnic! Where?
LMP, does that farmers market have rabbit meat? The big guy is talking about rabbits and I really really need to try the meat first before I start another project like building hutches.
I don't think so..I haven't seen it. Just beef, pork...yeah, i think that's it. We were going to try to get there tomorrow(Saturday)...I had rabbit before..tastes like chicken..
lau.gif
...seriously, it did....it was good.
Map thingie in my signature *points down*
Thank you!!
hugs.gif
..will be adding it!

**GRChicks- Those are some cuties there!! I love the frizzles...at some point, I may have to invest in a little eye-candy...
wink.png

Yea Northern Ireland :) so I have to get all the water out, will it affect the hatch because of the high humidity and low temp :/ the temp is staying around 37.5-37.7

That would depend on when during the incubation and how long. I'm not an expert. I believe the temperature is in the pepper range, not great on Celsius, but I think that converts to 99,5-100°f, which is good.

Sally sunshine has an excellent incubation tutorial. I don't have the link, but I'm sure someone can post it. I think it is hatching 101. Do a search on here for it. It tells you everything you want to know and more.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101
That would depend on when during the incubation and how long. I'm not an expert. I believe the temperature is in the pepper range, not great on Celsius, but I think that converts to 99,5-100°f, which is good.

Sally sunshine has an excellent incubation tutorial. I don't have the link, but I'm sure someone can post it. I think it is hatching 101. Do a search on here for it. It tells you everything you want to know and more.

Back
Top Bottom