Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I am in the Roaring brook twp area. we're neighbors. the only one that I know for sure as cod hardy is the buff. we shall see.

Great to meet you!
I live out of state (until I retire anyway), so my chickens started life in the suburbs, then got relocated to mom's place out your way. We're out there a lot of weekends, and much of the summer, so maybe I'll see you at the Hamlin Tractor Supply Company or the Moscow agway.

TPol:

Check out mypetchickens....you can filter breeds by cold hardy and bears confinement....a good start when researching breeds...(imho)

Yes, great resource, it helped us pick ours too. I will say that the girls all came through fine, but I did have a few worried moments about the ones with bigger combs on the subzero nights. The Wyndottes and Easter egger (with the least combs) had no issues, the others a few specks that might have been the beginning of frostbite. Probably means I should look into more ventilation in the coop.

Anybody ever have this happen?

One of my BOs has stopped laying ....she seems really healthy...so, I have caught her three times doing the rooster dance, with the wing display...I also heard her making noises like a roo leading girls to food for my baby chooks which had their first outdoor play date yesterday...has me scratching my head...otherwise she seems normal in all activities...

BTW, my big roo does the dance for the junior roo too....maybe all of my birds have gone nuts?
My partridge Wyandotte(hen) scratches at the backs of the other hens and tries to get on top of them...
hu.gif
..maybe a dominance thing or they are just crazy...

**Hello & Welcome to all new peeps
frow.gif
...we have a wonderful collection of the finest enablers around!
wink.png

Lots of pictures today.. Here is a picture of our duck house. We made the nice door in the front but they hate the ramp so they just go in and out the back door. They do go in at night, thank goodness!! I was worried they wouldn't.

We have had the chain link fence separating them from the chickens for a week, we opened it up a little today. They don't seem interested in going to far from their coop. And most of the chickens don't seem to care about them either.

Here is the awesome pond we got from LadyBehir, thank you so much! They still seem a little scared of it, we just started letting them in it today. My husband hooked a drain to it and we will be putting stones around it to minimize mud.

Some pictures of our meat rabbit set up. It is in a bay of our garage. My husband made everything, even cages. We like that the cages are really big and they have more room to move around. We have 2 empty cages right now. The 2 females on the left have kits in the cage with them.

Here is a doe and her 8 kits, they are 3 weeks old. We have another doe that just had 11 kits 3 days ago. We went from 4 to 23 in a month!! Wow!
very nice set up!! for your rabbits and ducks!!....when we actually get into the 'rabbit" thing..will have to call you up for some cages
wink.png
...hahaha

Lots of pictures today.. Here is a picture of our duck house. We made the nice door in the front but they hate the ramp so they just go in and out the back door. They do go in at night, thank goodness!! I was worried they wouldn't. We have had the chain link fence separating them from the chickens for a week, we opened it up a little today. They don't seem interested in going to far from their coop. And most of the chickens don't seem to care about them either. Here is the awesome pond we got from LadyBehir, thank you so much! They still seem a little scared of it, we just started letting them in it today. My husband hooked a drain to it and we will be putting stones around it to minimize mud. Some pictures of our meat rabbit set up. It is in a bay of our garage. My husband made everything, even cages. We like that the cages are really big and they have more room to move around. We have 2 empty cages right now. The 2 females on the left have kits in the cage with them. Here is a doe and her 8 kits, they are 3 weeks old. We have another doe that just had 11 kits 3 days ago. We went from 4 to 23 in a month!! Wow!
Obedient ducks! Who knew? Love the bunny set up too. Empty cage? What's that?

I wanted to thank you all for pointing me towards wingstone for processing- she was an amazing teacher, patient, and even answered all my lame newbie questions. I couldn't thank her enough... now she's got me thinking about searching for some good meat birds
wee.gif

I wanted to thank you all for pointing me towards wingstone for processing- she was an amazing teacher, patient, and even answered all my lame newbie questions. I couldn't thank her enough... now she's got me thinking about searching for some good meat birds
wee.gif
Yay! Good for wingstone!!

Back
Top Bottom