Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I got a rooster last Wednesday, it was a red sex link, and it was taken back because they guy accidentally gave me his prize rooster, ahahah :lol: but then on Friday I got a new one, it is a white leghorn,and it has been in with them since Friday, so today I cracked open one if my eggs to make an inlet, and u saw the white bullseye in it, and then I cracked open two more, and they also had the white bullseye, so I have two questions,
1. Which rooster would it be is there anyway to check, because they hens lay fertile eggs for 30 days don't they,
2. Since I have the rooster in with 12 hens, and I am getting about 9 a day, since I opened 3 in a row is there a chance that they are all fertile or just a lucky chance
Thanks Reece :)

Either could be the roster in question, no way to tell. It's even possible it could be one roster one day one the next in a given hen.
There is no way to tell if they are all fertile, to my knowledge, then to incubate them and find out. And not all fertile eggs hatch.

Either could be the roster in question, no way to tell. It's even possible it could be one roster one day one the next in a given hen.
There is no way to tell if they are all fertile, to my knowledge, then to incubate them and find out. And not all fertile eggs hatch.
So it could be either rooster :)

So it could be either rooster :)

Yep, they coud have been from both roos. :)

I have a slight concern though. What's your biosecurity like? It's recommended that you quarentine for at least two weeks to not transmit fatal disease into your flock.

Need to rant..

Does high school no longer teach basic math skills..

I stopped at turkey hill for gas, wanted to use cash instead of plastic, the clerk screwed up putting the amount of cash in and could not figure out how to fix it, then she grabbed the calculator and still screwed up cause I got an extra dollar change, yea I kept my mouth shut..

Then just awhile ago I went to giants and used cash to pay a bill of $10.97...I did not have any tens but I had a twenty and a one ( I didn't want a bunch of one's back ) .. the clerk punched in .21 instead, and again could not figure this out, called the manager over and they still screwed it up, when I honestly told them that they gave me to much change, they had to call yet another person to bring a calculator...

Needless to say, I walked out of there just shaking my head and wondering what society will be like in another 20 years

End of rant..

Back to the regularly scheduled chicken talk.

Need to rant..

Does high school no longer teach basic math skills..

I stopped at turkey hill for gas, wanted to use cash instead of plastic, the clerk screwed up putting the amount of cash in and could not figure out how to fix it, then she grabbed the calculator and still screwed up cause I got an extra dollar change, yea I kept my mouth shut..

Then just awhile ago I went to giants and used cash to pay a bill of $10.97...I did not have any tens but I had a twenty and a one ( I didn't want a bunch of one's back ) .. the clerk punched in .21 instead, and again could not figure this out, called the manager over and they still screwed it up, when I honestly told them that they gave me to much change, they had to call yet another person to bring a calculator...

Needless to say, I walked out of there just shaking my head and wondering what society will be like in another 20 years

End of rant..

Back to the regularly scheduled chicken talk.

No, they don't teach basic math skills anymore. They teach albegra, geometry, trigonometry (sp.), calculus, etc. They teach basic skills in 3rd grade and by the end of 8th you forget what a division symbol looks like. It's all alphabet with symbols and a few numbers scattered in there. Pretty annoying actually. Stuff I'll never use in my life but the state makes us learn it.

I know I am old school, but what happened to those classes being optional.
I guess with the use of debit cards, cash payments will soon be a thing of the past, so why bother learning how to make change..

It still boggles my mind.

Yep, they coud have been from both roos. :)

I have a slight concern though. What's your biosecurity like? It's recommended that you quarentine for at least two weeks to not transmit fatal disease into your flock.
Do i have to separate the new rooster, and it meeds to calm down a bit lol, he hasn't calmed down yet, since he has been moved here so it probably isn't him as he isn't really taking an interest in the girls at the minute

And by the way i candled all my eggs, and there was one with the ring of death, and 16 that were infertile, or just didn't grow, and that leaves me with 3 duck eggs, and 24 chick eggs :) although there is one which i cant find ahaha i have it wrote down on a note pad (i numbered them all) and i couldn't see it, but i didn't want to look for it for to long as the eggs were starting to cool down, so i have 27 viable eggs(not including the one i cant find ahah) due to hatch on the 20th of may :) 15 days to go :D :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom