Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Feeling a bit like a jerk today. My chicken math got our of control this year.:oops:
I'm rearranging chickens, moving the oldest babies out of the garage to the outside bachelor pad so I can move the babies that are in my bedroom out to the garage (making room for the turkey poults due to hatch next week). I have 16 juveniles and 1 adult out in a pen built big enough for 4 adults :oops: Most are boys destined for freezer camp if they aren't sold but still, I'm feeling bad. At least there's no fighting going on. My neighbors should be bringing down their old cop this weekend so that would give them a little more indoor space. I'm hoping I sell a few at the swap tomorrow lol.

What swap? I know Clearfield is having theirs at the fairgrounds.

Hi all:

Got home from work today to find two feather piles and two missing birds....an Americuna and a BCM...the foxes are out of control...

so sorry to hear about your recent lossess.............chippy and stake..........and another.....sorry I cant recall the name

tonite is the first night my younger chickens are staying out in the coop overnight.

I tried last weekend but we kept having these colder forecasts at night............going below 40 etc...........so I caved and brought them in

tonite............i think it will be okay and they are 6 weeks old............so I hope all is well.

They are in a dog crate so they are safely kept apart from the big girls

I will let you know tomorrow how things went!

also..........it was really funny to watch 4 6 week old chicks.............encounter a humongous earthworm ....their first ever earthworm..............hilarious..........would have been a fun video! they did end up eating it all up...........in sections...............with a chase etc................I am sure you all have seen this done before!

so sorry to hear about your recent lossess.............chippy and stake..........and another.....sorry I cant recall the name

tonite is the first night my younger chickens are staying out in the coop overnight.

I tried last weekend but we kept having these colder forecasts at night............going below 40 etc...........so I caved and brought them in

tonite............i think it will be okay and they are 6 weeks old............so I hope all is well.

They are in a dog crate so they are safely kept apart from the big girls

I will let you know tomorrow how things went!

also..........it was really funny to watch 4 6 week old chicks.............encounter a humongous earthworm ....their first ever earthworm..............hilarious..........would have been a fun video! they did end up eating it all up...........in sections...............with a chase etc................I am sure you all have seen this done before!
Chicken football I call it lol. My girls do that with the frogs. One girl gets a leg and other girl gets another leg and everyone gets chased. Funny to watch.

Hi everyone! Haven't been on in awhile, but I got some Pekin ducks from tsc on Wednesday, there is something wrong with it, it keeps like throwing its head back n kinda flipping backwards?? I've tried searching, but can't find anything. Does anyone else have this experience? I feel so bad for it.

Hi everyone! Haven't been on in awhile, but I got some Pekin ducks from tsc on Wednesday, there is something wrong with it, it keeps like throwing its head back n kinda flipping backwards?? I've tried searching, but can't find anything. Does anyone else have this experience? I feel so bad for it.

I knew what I wanted to say, and forgot. Stargazing syndrome will have to work ... Wry neck is it?
Give it Poly-vi-sol without iron. (Baby vitamins)

Yup! I got it right. The following is from "fresh eggs daily"
A vitamin deficiency, Vitamin E specifically, can also cause wry neck. If you see evidence of the condition, regardless of the cause, you should immediately step up the Vitamin E in your flock's diet. a well-rounded diet is the key to good health. Treatment can take weeks or longer, immediate results should not be expected, but the sooner you begin treating, the better chances for success.
http://www.fresheggsdaily.com/2014/04/preventing-and-treating-wry-neck-in.html?m=1

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom