Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Sturgis is more chicken than dog. Notice how they are all standing around with their heads to the ground.

He is so darn cute! Love him!

@Chippysmom, checking hourly? Lol. That's cool. Candy still hasn't kidded, she started laboring about 11:30 this morn. Still no babies. The camera on my phone broke, so I've been having trouble getting pics of the 3 kids that were born on the 18th.

@Chippysmom, checking hourly? Lol. That's cool. Candy still hasn't kidded, she started laboring about 11:30 this morn. Still no babies. The camera on my phone broke, so I've been having trouble getting pics of the 3 kids that were born on the 18th.

1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
:love :love :love Oh my goodness! My heart might burst, they're adorable! Hopefully Candy will kid soon!

Last edited:
What color are the egg shells? I don't recall what you had in this bunch. If you don't have the egg shells, then you need to look at their legs.
For the blue one, are the legs dark or are there any feathers down their legs? (dark legs = blue ameraucana, feathers = blue marans)
For the chipmunk striped ones, yellow legs = welsummer, olive green (willow) legs = rhodebar pullet
Definitely no male Rhodebars in that group of 3.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I have one Welsummer, two Rhodebars and one Maran.

It's a bit hard to tell, but the one has very yellow legs, and the other two are a bit greenish gray. Fingers crossed for all pullets!

Section 414 is what you want.

414 AGRICULlURAL USES AND ACTIVITIES A. In the R1 and R2 Districts, commercial animal husbandry activities, kennels, or stables shall be prohibited. The raising or boarding of animals,livestock, or poultry for personal use may be permitted. in these zones however, provided that any building used for such purposes must be situated at least 100 feet from any street right-of-way line or dwelling, other than the owner's dwelling, and not less than 50 feet from any property line.

question for whoever lives in Lycoming county I was just told I cant have chickens in Lycoming county I've been looking at the codes and zoning regulations for antes fort but I can not find anything the coop is already built and my 15 chicks are out there in the brooder my question would be how are other people permitted to have chickens in antes fort and I was told I could not my coop is by no means an eye sore it is a good looking coop and all I'm trying to do is have a Hobey and provide my family with fresh healthy eggs

most ordinances roll up if you township doesn't list they adhere to the county ordinance....mostly if nobody complains no foul.....if you ask permission you know the results....just go for it!!!! (the ultimate enabler!)

B:

Congrats on the three...now tell that wayward girl to get her tucas in gear...hoping for the best...as you know, pics or it didn't happen!!!!

most ordinances roll up if you township doesn't list they adhere to the county ordinance....mostly if nobody complains no foul.....if you ask permission you know the results....just go for it!!!! (the ultimate enabler!)

Better to ask forgiveness, then permission....
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom