Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

What color eggs do your Silver Laced Wyandottes lay? I have SLW and Black Australorps and would like to be able to know what color eggs to expect from both. All I currently know if they will lay large "brown" eggs. I still have about two months to wait before they lay anyway.

I don't know about the australorps but my silver laced Wyandottes laid a very light brown/cream colored egg

Last edited:
Finally got a decent pic of Cate.

Hi guys,

Thought that I would ask this here since we are all from PA. Last year I bought a farmhouse and barn on 4 acres (In Erie County). The farmhouse was built in 1860 and the barn there about. There was another dairy barn but it was lost to disrepair and a lightning strike before we bought the property. The barn is a simple but traditional Pennsylvania bank barn and I guess you would say post and beam construction. The beams inside are huge trees that have been shaved to fit. The barn was falling down and the previous owner had it lifted and replaced the crumbling stone foundation with cement block.

Anyway there is still a TON to do on the structure to make it usable and weather tight for animals and storage. Are there any historical grants or help from the state to preserve this kind of living history? I am working on cleaning out the bottom level to make a huge "coop" for my girls. I'm afraid that by the time I have enough saved up to work on it, it will be too late. Thoughts? ideas?

Thanks, so much! ~Lori

This is Barn two winters ago. The siding is so bad that there are several inches between each board.

Farmhouse

Hi guys, Thought that I would ask this here since we are all from PA. Last year I bought a farmhouse and barn on 4 acres (In Erie County). The farmhouse was built in 1860 and the barn there about. There was another dairy barn but it was lost to disrepair and a lightning strike before we bought the property. The barn is a simple but traditional Pennsylvania bank barn and I guess you would say post and beam construction. The beams inside are huge trees that have been shaved to fit. The barn was falling down and the previous owner had it lifted and replaced the crumbling stone foundation with cement block. Anyway there is still a TON to do on the structure to make it usable and weather tight for animals and storage. Are there any historical grants or help from the state to preserve this kind of living history? I am working on cleaning out the bottom level to make a huge "coop" for my girls. I'm afraid that by the time I have enough saved up to work on it, it will be too late. Thoughts? ideas? Thanks, so much! ~Lori This is Barn two winters ago. The siding is so bad that there are several inches between each board. Farmhouse
Sorry I can't help, but that barn and house are just so breathtaking
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
big yellow farmhouses make me tingle.

Our newest little peep. Her sister has one under her as well, but she's very protective. :D This little yellow chick is still wet! These are bantam Cochin, and they are so tiny! *The hen shown is a bantam Cochin also.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom