Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I used a turkey egg the other day when I was making pancakes and it was definitely fertile :) I'm excited. I should have lots of poults before long. If anyone wants any eggs, I'll gladly share. I'm going to have too many lol

Does anyone know of a good silkie breeder near Landenburg Pennsylvania. Or is anyone looking to sell about 2-3 silkie hens. Thanks

OK, DH has agreed it is time to get a rooster for Gracie and our 3 other banty hens. We would like to find a blue or black Silkie which caries the B/B/S genetics since we both like that coloration and with the free ranging we prefer the darker birds. He should be adult, or near adult, preferably.

He does not have to be 'show quality' since we don't show and our hens are certainly not show birds. We don't worry as much about poofy as we do personality anyway and actually we both like Gracie's bare face and sparser head fluff anyway, both of her daughters we have are also bare faced and I think it has helped them in their free ranging also.

So if anyone within about 2 hours of 15742 has the right rooster, or knows someone who does please get in touch with me on this thread or through PM... a member here from a few years ago had them, I think... I think it was 'mama2my4' from the State College area, but I don't know if she is still ever on here or if anyone knows her.

We would consider banty cochin or half cochin/half silkie if right color and not too overly fluffy on the feet since mud happens, lol.... I like what I read about the banty cochin personalities, but worry about all of the fluff.

OK, DH has agreed it is time to get a rooster for Gracie and our 3 other banty hens.  We would like to find a blue or black Silkie which caries the B/B/S genetics since we both like that coloration and with the free ranging we prefer the darker birds. He should be adult, or near adult, preferably.

He does not have to be 'show quality' since we don't show and our hens are certainly not show birds. We don't worry as much about poofy as we do personality anyway and actually we both like Gracie's bare face and sparser head fluff anyway, both of her daughters we have are also bare faced and I think it has helped them in their free ranging also.

So if anyone within about 2 hours of 15742 has the right rooster, or knows someone who does please get in touch with me on this thread or through PM... a member here from a few years ago had them, I think... I think it was 'mama2my4' from the State College area, but I don't know if she is still ever on here or if anyone knows her.

We would consider banty cochin or half cochin/half silkie if right color and not too overly fluffy on the feet since mud happens, lol.... I like what I read about the banty cochin personalities, but worry about all of the fluff.

I can get a message to Momma2my4 on FB, not sure if she still has birds.

I can get a message to Momma2my4 on FB, not sure if she still has birds.

There's a breeder of show quality Silkies in Coatesville. I'm not sure what varieties. I forget her call name here, but she is Lizz Webb on FB

Relaying would be greatly appreciated!!
hugs.gif

I love the broody eggs shuffle! You know the one: when they sit on the site and then they kind of shuffle in place to rearrange the eggs. So happy to have a broody again, and she is happy to have eggs of her own.
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom