Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My husband just told me I can get an emu.....I don't know if he realizes what he just got himself into lol

Get OUT!
ep.gif
I know where you can get eggs right here in PA!!!

It's driving me crazy not having your turkey eggs here to candle... They should have some pretty good development at this point...

I second the vote on Metzer's. Their order minimums are quite low and their birds are beautiful. Great selection of waterfowl, too.

@Auroradream26, I'm jealous! I would love an emu but enough people have complained about behavior that I'm wary. If this works out for you, let me know ;)

I can get eggs of Blue Breda Fowl. A friend has a small flock. He was talking about hatching a few to get some black pullets (all his birds are blue and splash). I can get eggs for you or hatch some chicks if you prefer. Last time we hatched them they were very fertile and easy to hatch, but that was a different roo. The chicks were small for a LF (eggs are small too).

A few things to beware of with Bredas
1. the extreme feather attracts mud and muck.
2. they are only mediocre layers of off white eggs
3. roos are often people aggressive

Thanks for the offer and tips. Most reports I've read/heard say they are docile and not aggressive towards other chickens or people. Have you raised Breda or seen it first hand? I'm interested because of looks and reported temperament...the eggs are just a bonus for me.

Any idea of price for a dozen eggs and/or price if you hatch some for me?

Ordered the gals this morning, and built my peep box. Got 2 Plymouth Rocks, 2 Black Stars, and 2 Rhodebars to pick up in a couple weeks (Lancaster).

Gathering coop materials, and getting anxious!
Thats great!! I went to visit Renningers yesterday afternoon they were having their annual exotic animal sale and I just had to gawk at all the beautiful chickens, ducks and geese they had there!

[COLOR=0000FF]Get OUT!   [/COLOR]:eek:   [COLOR=0000FF]I know where you can get eggs right here in PA!!![/COLOR] 

[COLOR=0000FF]It's driving me crazy not having your turkey eggs here to candle... They should have some pretty good development at this point... [/COLOR]

I found emu eggs for sale about an hour and a half from me :) I'm thinking that I should get two eggs and if one hatches I'm good. If 2 hatch, I'll have to find a home for the other.

I was curious about the eggs. You'll have to let me know how they're developing if and when you ever get the chance to find out lol. I just had a good hatch (still finishing up) and now have 22 fluffy babies running around :)

I second the vote on Metzer's. Their order minimums are quite low and their birds are beautiful. Great selection of waterfowl, too.

@Auroradream26, I'm jealous! I would love an emu but enough people have complained about behavior that I'm wary. If this works out for you, let me know ;)

I'll be keying everyone know! I'm sure it'll be a handful but I'm hoping that hand raising it and Hopfully getting it imprinted on people will make it a big, friendly, happy, and playful thing.

congrats....gives a whole new meaning to free ranging....will probably scare off most predators...(might need to get one myself ???)

I wonder if free ranging is even possible with an emu. I could see my neighbors coming out of their house and the emu sitting on their porch lol!

I'm just kidding! We wound definitely have to have a nice big fenced area for it. I'm really rather excited!

Participants ONLY!

Join us SOON!

Eggs in bator/s ANYTIME in April to join us!​

“Chick Mug Shots”

"Springing in the Chicks"

2016 April Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by Mike & Sally

oz4CwkcVD1ca5eLBl7KCLkPNwWX4yU5DardiFaAdB4vXHvqaGsXZ0K1n6cL2fuc8j3e1bY1Zz_57mhrJpn97cR_XAOH7vRHZSg8G_k6d9XoAWfhM_GuEGwObzRSXABrbwlef4QZH
oz4CwkcVD1ca5eLBl7KCLkPNwWX4yU5DardiFaAdB4vXHvqaGsXZ0K1n6cL2fuc8j3e1bY1Zz_57mhrJpn97cR_XAOH7vRHZSg8G_k6d9XoAWfhM_GuEGwObzRSXABrbwlef4QZH

83Aeiec6WOOGEJVcPHooXyEmr4dsw2Ose99ImakMiOjOdrnh_aumPoG4sYmp587goIdAJ8oOlCUx0GGClwKrPawat8vujyA6LgM601feWYrXXXhW5che6zWO_8jJewDBLJATM6y9

How Snugly Sweet are your chicks?

Show us pics of your FOWL babies snuggling up aside a warm mug!

3 Picture entries per contestant

Participants ONLY!
in the Continental U.S. ONLY (Not Alaska or Hawaii)

W6VGRkm0kesseGst4RG5EEishQTmFaK1JeOckf8Db-o41760FCLm7imLFelj4j2nClLvQvYYQx5gfbi39XyY04e2YAwBn4Vbj93Ggxeo6QyuQ75_kGEBXwsOsFt9dOwXGRlJCxxm

1st Prize

6 Olive Egger Hatching eggs (LegbarXCuckoo Marans)

& 6 Sapphire Super Layer Hatching Eggs

(White Sapphire. 250 pale blue/light grey eggs per year)

Donated by, Sally Sunshine

KePp7RsfvB61vgiTg5WL4kt3KhihC-qEJJPpEcJHDHx8aSzpvG1EvIExDwafIMoHLJM5aelEH_n4phyANO1qXXMHEPIxTJhWfIIaip47HAFgcszqNIG0OvTeDoyNudAl7r5PEphB
Nde-86lVkGZzV_eDWB7Q46xLzndz-jqwOL8EGQuzdlM_ZN6NBrbwBXFr3m6IopzBKldncbLVgzBsemuOZjdyZZLz9Aoa0q-MSjzffCtirl0f63vbufZZ3HKRNiASU4_YyqEBBXHW

2nd Prize

Iridescent Lime Carnival Glass “Hen on Nest”

5 ⅛” x 2 ½” x 5”

Donated by, Sally Sunshine

GR6W1FCqvNKrWU7ASc_8Biq2SjsOh6FZbQY1tlDVshwsn8YVgtuyRN2N4PUoK8_QXq3BmzMP2KSPTJ-qnsuy9c41HKRwGFx-L8-TsCIrhrOZzB2LKuAtSfoBHExmuj-O5p-awvmo
ZhNCQW8D6wiahkeumv6FVp0XqeOEhJ-xkGendPRHrLPjVBZuxhzrnH0kiBQCVX-k8-N2YitLJjzUwlBwM5cQJ52H41AVS4rh4ljQtzyhzMwKA5EhPwIAtGdS-Q2ljc0G4I739RXp

bAr2KIuJGoDfh2XwSvNNwR3YA1VHVay1A6kgOuBB3CBjvGOQtoZOZ0jxuh4SXrXz_8sHECHlQz0Z6XfAI-jZsB5E5hXbad8z38y36XCWzQCFyKQDQmQvVb9YYUht_g0IdRzOilg7

CONTEST THREAD

Back
Top Bottom