Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Acres=Animals!!!!!
ya.gif
I think that goes 'Acres = Animals = Feed = Poo'

Well Folks:

Got a shock this morning...going to work back roads (suburbia), about 6 blocks from my house, make a left hand turn and see a fox with a squirrel in its mouth crossing the street...now know the PIA is still hanging around and just not coming near my place (yet)....

On another front, one girl CCL hatched and in the brooder and one other egg has a pipped but not made any progress in 24hrs.....hope I don't have a single hatch....

I am glad that you haven't had an attack for a while, and actually glad that you saw the fox. Now you are more aware of the situation. Here is to hoping that the fox stays the heck away from your yard from now on!
Congratulations on the new baby, and good luck with that as well!

My Fiends are being weird. Ruth does her daily fly into the people area. She flies up on the coop, hops up on the run, then to the fence around the yard, walks the fence line to where there's a clear spot to land, flies down to the patio, lays her egg in the vines by the deck, and then wants back in the yard. I open the gate and she waltzes on through. Niko got off nest (hatch on the 6th) to get food/drink/stretch legs. So Bridget got on nest. Dunno if there's a new egg in there or not. Niko is back on nest so I can't check. Do chickens babysit eggs? Last week we watched Serena squeeze herself under the gate to lay her egg in the vines. Had to block that. She was NOT happy about that. Flippin' soap opera.

[COLOR=1D2129]My Fiends are being weird. Ruth does her daily fly into the people area. She flies up on the coop, hops up on the run, then to the fence around the yard, walks the fence line to where there's a clear spot to land, flies down to the patio, lays her egg in the vines by the deck, and then wants back in the yard. I open the gate and she waltzes on through. Niko got off nest (hatch on the 6th) to get food/drink/stretch legs. So Bridget got on nest. Dunno if there's a new egg in there or not. Niko is back on nest so I can't check. Do chickens babysit eggs? Last week we watched Serena squeeze herself under the gate to lay her egg in the vines. Had to block that. She was NOT happy about that. Flippin' soap opera.[/COLOR]

LOL!

that tomatoes were rodents? I'm pretty sure you are alone on that belief!:cd :gig :plbb

:eek: :lau

Hello again PA! It's been way to long...
I have two things I'm sure you wonderful people can help me with. 1st: I live near a state park (19438) and recently had half of my girls killed by a visiting coyote. So, how do I remove/trap this predator? 2nd: I have a broody sitting on 8 eggs. In the beginning, she was off, on, off, on her eggs. Finally, she's been ON, but now I don't know when to anticipate the hatch. Also, after the coyote attack, for her safety, I attempted to move her and her eggs, and she was off of them all day. I have candled the eggs, and they are all very dark, but I didn't see any movement. She did kick one egg out from under her (it was cold) so I cracked it open to find a fully formed chick with bright red blood vessels. Suggestions?? Do I simply leave her on the eggs until they start to stink?

Hello again PA! It's been way to long...
I have two things I'm sure you wonderful people can help me with. 1st: I live near a state park (19438) and recently had half of my girls killed by a visiting coyote. So, how do I remove/trap this predator? 2nd: I have a broody sitting on 8 eggs. In the beginning, she was off, on, off, on her eggs. Finally, she's been ON, but now I don't know when to anticipate the hatch. Also, after the coyote attack, for her safety, I attempted to move her and her eggs, and she was off of them all day. I have candled the eggs, and they are all very dark, but I didn't see any movement. She did kick one egg out from under her (it was cold) so I cracked it open to find a fully formed chick with bright red blood vessels. Suggestions?? Do I simply leave her on the eggs until they start to stink?

Shoot the coyote. Leave the hen.
And, hi!! :frow

Back
Top Bottom