Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Guineas--A friend of mine gave me a hard sell on them--after my little boy got lyme disease--for the second time. He said that they don't even need a coop--that they roost in trees? My neighbors would never stand for them and I do think they are an eyesore. But if Dennis is right and they help against hawks--I am going to have to tell a friend about them!

I have two questions.
1)Does anyone here have wyandottes--and are they nice pets? (Breeder stock not hatchery.)
My friend with the hawk problem started my whole chicken obsession with her white wyandotte who sashayed around her run with her big bustle looking down her beak at us lesser earthlings. She was so beautiful and had an attitude exactly like the trained turkey in that old SouthPark Thanksgiving episode. I was mesmerized!

2)Does anyone here need a lavender English Orpington roo? I will post pictures later. I would give him away and even drive part way to meet you--if you need some new bloodlines for your orps, and don't want to eat him. I got him from Birch-Ridge , and he hatched April 30. Very tame and friendly and huge.

Well, they don't have to be show quality, and I would prefer maybe pullets since we may not have time and space for chicks. Plus, we CANNOT have a rooster, and it would break my heart giving it away. I am leaning towards breeds like brahmas, orpingtons, or silkies. Non-flighty docile breeds.

DHetzel gave good advice, also, it sounds like you need to avoid any breed prone to broodiness since hatching chicks means dealing with extra roosters.

@dheltzel
Do you breed and sell chickens? Do you have legbars? I just did some research on them and fell in love!
1f60d.png

@dheltzel
Do you breed and sell chickens? Do you have legbars? I just did some research on them and fell in love!
1f60d.png

Yes, he does have high quality legbars (Rees line , show quality). I got my girls from him this spring . My Legbar is very beautiful and started to lay at 19 week old. She laid blue eggs every day in the last week, but it's only because she just started. I expect she lays about 3 to 4 eggs per week in the future. You should also check his other breeds which are all great. If you are looking for no flighty chickens, you should consider bielefelder, who's so calm and docile. The blue - egg layer sexlinks are also super kid-friendly.

Last edited:
Hi everybody! Just popping in to say hello. Still house hunting. Put another offer in, we retracted the last one because we didn't get a reply. I hate when people are shady!

I don't have much to do in our house since it is sold and cleaned out. I miss my girls so much! It's been almost two months since I rehomed them. I really miss them running up to me when I stepped into the backyard, and having an audience when I had my lunch outside. Soon....

Anne:

For my two cents, you can place a response time qualifier for any property...as a example, I will offer you one dollar for next three business days....you can also make any conditions (fix the chimney) as a contingency.....you can also set the settlement date...long settlement dates favor the buyer as the seller has the property off the market and unable to accept other offers....its a game of chess....don't be afraid to play!!!! my two cents,,,

Back
Top Bottom