Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

New here! We have inherited chickens and ducks just outside Erie PA!

Welcome, from Cambria county!

Interesting! I have an odd question for the turkey owners here.  If a Tom turkey is unable to excute mating with his girls, will he try to practice "relieving" himself?  I've seen my Tom do this twice, where it looks like he's trying to mate with the air... Strange sight to see.  I thought at first he was sick or having a seizure.  He promptly stopped when I walked over to him.  Is my Tom frustrated? :lol:

Yes, they do that. I'm not sure if it's for relief, or of frustration or what. My daughter finds it absolutely hilarious! She's a dancer and is always saying that he's tap dancing!

I'm cool with insanity lol. Just happy to find somewhere that I don't get labeled a crazy chicken lady. Pretty sure my friends and co-workers are sick of hearing how amazing Muscovy ducks are or how cool my Wyandottes will look when they get older.

I wonder about doing thaf instead of male chicks this spring. Is 3 hours in the car pushing it for a full sized roo to be in a box or carrier?

Nah, but I believe the chicken train will be making a run through the state around Easter. If you can meet along the route, I'm sure a roo could catch a ride. Just a thought :)

Howdy from chester co.....join the fun!!! What do you have?

We inherited 10 Rhode island reds, 3 Mallards and a Rouen. We added 4 Muscovies, and 2 Khaki Campbell's. Right now I have 12 1 week old Wyandottes and 3 Easter Eggers in a brooder. And we have 3 Royal purple Guineas, 5 chocolate Muscovy, 5 blue Muscovy,and two Cayuga ducks coming in May. Kinda caught the bird bug. Never thought I'd love having them so much!

Back
Top Bottom