Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

so great to see them up and around! If you're interested in showing, 4-H is another great place to get started.

Thanks! Bringing the boys to vet Friday to find out the extent of their issues. Pretty sure Stetson can't see really well out of an eye. The front half of the left eye isn't right.

I just need to cry for a minute. I said I was gonna put on my big girl panties and accept it but I cant yet.
I ordered a Brinsea Octagon Eco 20 for Christmas. I got 6 eggs locally and had 3 hatch just to try it out. I ordered real Ameraucana eggs back in November and they are due to hatch tomorrow. Today I came home and the fan was very noisy. I could see it running slowly and smelled a little funny. I called Brinsea and they could not direct me to a replacement fan locally. My babies were on lockdown! So I grabbed the only 5 left from 23 eggs and put them in my bra as the temp in the incubator was falling to 94. They were not in there 1 minute and my grandson got hurt and I turned quickly dropping an egg. My poor baby died in my hands. I tried to be prepared. I researched what to do. I did a practice hatch. I bought a good incubator that is well recommended brand new. But still this is happening. The motor smelled like it was burning up so I put the incubator in the laundry room with the humidifier and a heater. Of course I cant regulate the temp on the fly because this was not the plan. And I see nothing blocking the fan to remove. So my first hatch of Ameraucanas and my sizzle eggs 14 total are probably all gone...It is either 102 in the room or 96 degrees. I just can't let go yet...

I just need to cry for a minute. I said I was gonna put on my big girl panties and accept it but I cant yet.
I ordered a Brinsea Octagon Eco 20 for Christmas. I got 6 eggs locally and had 3 hatch just to try it out. I ordered real Ameraucana eggs back in November and they are due to hatch tomorrow. Today I came home and the fan was very noisy. I could see it running slowly and smelled a little funny. I called Brinsea and they could not direct me to a replacement fan locally. My babies were on lockdown! So I grabbed the only 5 left from 23 eggs and put them in my bra as the temp in the incubator was falling to 94. They were not in there 1 minute and my grandson got hurt and I turned quickly dropping an egg. My poor baby died in my hands. I tried to be prepared. I researched what to do. I did a practice hatch. I bought a good incubator that is well recommended brand new. But still this is happening. The motor smelled like it was burning up so I put the incubator in the laundry room with the humidifier and a heater. Of course I cant regulate the temp on the fly because this was not the plan. And I see nothing blocking the fan to remove. So my first hatch of Ameraucanas and my sizzle eggs 14 total are probably all gone...It is either 102 in the room or 96 degrees. I just can't let go yet...

I'm so sorry!

South Central PARK here too..York county

Welcome to the fun!

I ordered a Brinsea Octagon Eco 20 for Christmas. I got 6 eggs locally and had 3 hatch just to try it out. I ordered real Ameraucana eggs back in November and they are due to hatch tomorrow. Today I came home and the fan was very noisy. I could see it running slowly and smelled a little funny. I called Brinsea and they could not direct me to a replacement fan locally. My babies were on lockdown! So I grabbed the only 5 left from 23 eggs and put them in my bra as the temp in the incubator was falling to 94. They were not in there 1 minute and my grandson got hurt and I turned quickly dropping an egg. My poor baby died in my hands. I tried to be prepared. I researched what to do. I did a practice hatch. I bought a good incubator that is well recommended brand new. But still this is happening. The motor smelled like it was burning up so I put the incubator in the laundry room with the humidifier and a heater. Of course I cant regulate the temp on the fly because this was not the plan. And I see nothing blocking the fan to remove. So my first hatch of Ameraucanas and my sizzle eggs 14 total are probably all gone...It is either 102 in the room or 96 degrees. I just can't let go yet...

Aw, I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose some, especially when they're so close to the finish line. :hugs

Don't count them out yet! It really doesn't sound like a death sentence for the remaining eggs! Just breathe, and wait. Don't open the incubator to remove chicks. They are fine in there.
:hugs

Don't count them out yet! It really doesn't sound like a death sentence for the remaining eggs! Just breathe, and wait. Don't open the incubator to remove chicks. They are fine in there.
:hugs

The temp got to 86 and the eggs were cold so I have 9 total in my bra. A couple internally pipped cheeping at me. I have 4 due Monday in the crockpot on warm. And 7 due in 2 weeks with a lamp over the Brinsea tray bottom. STRESS. Let's hope one of these will work until tomorrow.

The temp got to 86 and the eggs were cold so I have 9 total in my bra. A couple internally pipped cheeping at me. I have 4 due Monday in the crockpot on warm. And 7 due in 2 weeks with a lamp over the Brinsea tray bottom. STRESS. Let's hope one of these will work until tomorrow.

I hope things work out for you too. The bra has come to the rescue for me in the past also. If you were closer, I'd say pack them warm and bring them over, my cabinet is running nonstop but an hour or 2 in the car may be a bit much :/

Back
Top Bottom