Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Anyone close to me want to go in on an order of Partridge Cochin bantam chicks from Ideal? They have a special that makes them less than $2 each (straight run) if you buy 25. I don't need 25, maybe 10 or 15.
@AnneInTheBurbs ?
@Blarneyeggs ?

Have to try and load up goats for vet soon. I hope there's nothing too major wrong....

Good luck!

FYI, Lowes sells a canvas drop cloth for painting and construction purposes that is large and very durable. Would be perfect for animal transport in regular vehicle. I have 2 of them now and worth every penny we spent when we can spread it out on carpeted floor in house and put up puppy fencing and make an 'instant indoor arena' for odd chicken purposes.

A couple shots from a use of the cloths last winter....

Anyone close to me want to go in on an order of Partridge Cochin bantam chicks from Ideal? They have a special that makes them less than $2 each (straight run) if you buy 25. I don't need 25, maybe 10 or 15.
@AnneInTheBurbs ?
@Blarneyeggs ?
OH I WISH I COULD..... Chicken math already has me in hot water with my husband.

@AnneInTheBurbs ?
@Blarneyeggs ?

Oh twist my arm why don't you? I can maybe take 4 if that helps. I don't even know what partridge is, I'm going to have to google it. But I wanted Bantam cochins anyways.

I had to leave for a few hours this evening and came home to 7 new poults in the hatcher running around! They weren't sure to tomorrow. I think two more were zipping. We'll see what's in there by morning
smile.png
Best of luck! Did you set any mottled Blacks? The pictures online are so pretty, if I get a hen, I might keep her... Don't tell my hubby...

I know! But Keith wanted to make sure that the babies had enough room and some extra for supplies. And I will! I'll probably just keep my build thread updated with all the detailed details, but I'll make sure to keep you guys posted!

My new coop is 10x12, but it is filling up fast... But then again, so did my small one, which was 4x4.
Have to try and load up goats for vet soon. I hope there's nothing too major wrong....

Hope all goes well and that your bill is not too big!
hugs.gif

Quote:

I for one, am shocked at the fact that their are little peeps in this picture.
smack.gif

Hello All. I haven't been around for some time.. Actually I've been Lurking.
hide.gif
Sounds weird I know, but being a novice I don't have much to contribute. With that hope everyone is well. I do have a Question for all you Eggsperts
wink.png
I currently have a broody silkie. If I were to order A Few hatching eggs. Hopefully dear husband will not notice....Would it be possible for her to hatch them? Are there any special requirements or accommodations I must make? Thank you to all of you who are willing to share you knowledge. It is greatly appreciated.

Hello All. I haven't been around for some time.. Actually I've been Lurking.
hide.gif
Sounds weird I know, but being a novice I don't have much to contribute. With that hope everyone is well. I do have a Question for all you Eggsperts
wink.png
I currently have a broody silkie. If I were to order A Few hatching eggs. Hopefully dear husband will not notice....Would it be possible for her to hatch them? Are there any special requirements or accommodations I must make? Thank you to all of you who are willing to share you knowledge. It is greatly appreciated.

She sure can hatch them, Silkies are excellent mothers. Just be sure she is set on hatching eggs, that she has been given a few days to make sure. If you can give her a bit more protection from other hens kicking her off the nest. They are very smart and they know what they are doing. I just had a first time broody hatch out 2 turkey poults. Not a great hatch, but pretty good considering her type was not known for being broody.

Thank you for your reply. She does come out of the nest for others. I have EE and buffs orpingtons. They tend to bully her while she is in the nest. She is only one year old so perhaps I should wait or maybe I can set a crate for her in the coop to protect her from my other girls. I have been kicking her out of the nest at night and setting her on the roost and taking away the eggs for the last week. She just seems like she wants to be a momma. I am scared however if she does hatch some chicks, the others will hurt them or worse kill them.
She sure can hatch them, Silkies are excellent mothers. Just be sure she is set on hatching eggs, that she has been given a few days to make sure. If you can give her a bit more protection from other hens kicking her off the nest. They are very smart and they know what they are doing. I just had a first time broody hatch out 2 turkey poults. Not a great hatch, but pretty good considering her type was not known for being broody.

Back
Top Bottom