Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

One more pic for the night. I go into my coop, and see and hear no chicks, but broody Mama is up on the roost. Well, I guess one warm body is as good as another if you are a chick.

One more pic for the night. I go into my coop, and see and hear no chicks, but broody Mama is up on the roost. Well, I guess one warm body is as good as another if you are a chick.

Is that the same turkey hen that adopted the poults?

No, that was the hen who passed the other day. Her sister went broody recently too. I am thinking I of giving her some of the meat chicks, and seeing if that will break her from it.

Very cute! You should buy some tadpoles, guppies or cheap minnows from the tackle/bait shop to the water to give them something to chase around. :)

That would go over well with hubby lol. He's already not happy that I let them swim (and poop) in our tub. I do have some meal worms here though. I thought about throwing a couple of them in for them to catch. We're in the prices of digging out a pond in the yard. You better believe there will be some little fish in there for them :)

Funny story. My husband heard the chicks screaming, but he just kind of ignored it (I was still at work). They did eventually quiet down, but when he walked by about a half hour later, he saw our Electus parrot was in the bin with them. She couldn't get out, and the chicks were snuggled underneath her. I can't believe she didn't attack them! Talk about a close call. Here is the perp...

Wow! She's a looker. Maybe she was comforting the chicks?

Been crazy busy with the animals this week. 4 kids is just too many for my doe to feed, so we've added bottle feeding goat kids to our daily list of chores. It's my very favorite chore for sure. Makes me stop and settle for a minute. Wish there was more time in the day, I'd probably fill it up taking photos of baby goats.

Came home to this yesterday.... Bucks out and about. I believe I've got the fencing under control. We'll see....

Funny story. My husband heard the chicks screaming, but he just kind of ignored it (I was still at work). They did eventually quiet down, but when he walked by about a half hour later, he saw our Electus parrot was in the bin with them. She couldn't get out, and the chicks were snuggled underneath her. I can't believe she didn't attack them! Talk about a close call. Here is the perp...

]

Wow! She's a looker. Maybe she was comforting the chicks?

I didn't care what she was doing so long as she didn't attack them! :lol:

Been crazy busy with the animals this week. 4 kids is just too many for my doe to feed, so we've added bottle feeding goat kids to our daily list of chores. It's my very favorite chore for sure. Makes me stop and settle for a minute. Wish there was more time in the day, I'd probably fill it up taking photos of baby goats.

Came home to this yesterday.... Bucks out and about. I believe I've got the fencing under control. We'll see....

Uh oh! Do they stay relatively close, or do they ever wander off to the neighbors?

What a beautiful bird! Glad she didn't hurt the little ones, I'm sure she could of if she had bad intentions.

Back
Top Bottom