Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Here are my meat chicks. They are finally learning to go into the correct side door now, but the one night I found them piled outside the big doors that they were used to using. They look very healthy, they are now about 4 weeks old.

WP_20170520_21_36_08_Rich.jpg

The Mamas are doing a great job. I was going to try to graft the turkeys onto the turkey Mom, but I think I want to raise them by hand so that they are tame and so that I can protect them from the neighbor kitty. They are so calm and sweet. Dheltzel knows what he is talking about.

WP_20170523_07_17_05_Rich.jpg

Is this a Silver or Lavender Ameracauna? It was one of the three that hatched from Dheltzel eggs, last hatch. What color eggs should she lay? Thankfully it looks like a pullet. Although it looked like I am jaundice in the pics, it's just the cell phone camera. :lol:

WP_20170524_20_03_40_Rich.jpg

Here are my meat chicks. They are finally learning to go into the correct side door now, but the one night I found them piled outside the big doors that they were used to using. They look very healthy, they are now about 4 weeks old.

View attachment 1015512

The Mamas are doing a great job. I was going to try to graft the turkeys onto the turkey Mom, but I think I want to raise them by hand so that they are tame and so that I can protect them from the neighbor kitty. They are so calm and sweet. Dheltzel knows what he is talking about.

View attachment 1015519

Is this a Silver or Lavender Ameracauna? It was one of the three that hatched from Dheltzel eggs, last hatch. What color eggs should she lay? Thankfully it looks like a pullet. Although it looked like I am jaundice in the pics, it's just the cell phone camera. :lol:

View attachment 1015524
I'm so jealous of your broody mama's. Hopefully the two sitting now will do well when they hatch. I have about a month till my guineas and turkeys show up!

View attachment 1015519

View attachment 1015524

I'm glad your mamas are doing such a good job :) mine are all doing great too and all babies are accounted for this morning.

There's nothing more wonderful than hand raised turkeys :) and thar is a lavender ameraucana (blue eggs)

I'm so jealous of your broody mama's. Hopefully the two sitting now will do well when they hatch. I have about a month till my guineas and turkeys show up!

That's so exciting! How long have they been sitting on fertile eggs?

I'm glad your mamas are doing such a good job :) mine are all doing great too and all babies are accounted for this morning.

There's nothing more wonderful than hand raised turkeys :) and thar is a lavender ameraucana (blue eggs)

Thanks! I thought she was an LA, but I don't care so much as long as they are healthy.

My Silkie girl is still holding on. I put her in a basket in the shed so she could pass away peacefully, but this morning, she was standing up in the basket when I opened the doors. She had still thrown up, and it was clear, white streaked, and even some green. She does feel very thin, I think she probably has cancer or something like that. I have her isolated and out of the rain. She did try to drink a lot this morning, but I don't know if she can keep it down. I will check on her periodically today since I will be home.

Good afternoon all:

Had a visit from a fox today....was out feeding the chooks and the dog was standing guard (sniffing the air)...the Roos started making noise as the pooch charged the fence line....I looked up to see the fox running off....this one had settled in the neighbor's yard and was scoping out the flock....the pooch smelled him and got a fix on her position...and went to chase her....I have never had a dog with a better nose.....I was amazed....

Foxes are terrible... My mother in law has lost her chickens multiple times because of the foxes in her area. I keep telling her to trap or kill them asap! Thankfully you have a good guard dog!

A good roo is a wonderful thing...they take good care of their ladies....

I haven't had one of those yet. The last roo I had nearly killed my favorite hen from over-mating her. He would chase them across the road, and I had enough of it and got rid of him. The 3 young ones I have now are already attacking the hens so I don't think they will be around for long.

Here are my boys!
View attachment 953934 View attachment 954267
Zappa
View attachment 954378
And Oliver
I remember being so worried about putting them together and now I can't imagine one without the other lol. Zappa will hopefully be a daddy soon....

I'm so jealous! I want Oliver! I really wanted that typical rooster you see on farms growing up. You know, the orange head, red body, black tail. I'm not sure what breed but man I want one for eye candy on my farm.

@FluffyButt789 I do have a really friendly boy mixed in with the chicks. He's about the same age as you BR girls. He is a barn yard mix but he is so friendly I realy want to keep him. Hes feather footed and like cream with brown and black feathers showing up all over. Cant see the black but its there. He's going to be pretty I think. I have an Oliver baby too but hes already a jerk...
20170523_185207.jpg

@FluffyButt789 I do have a really friendly boy mixed in with the chicks. He's about the same age as you BR girls. He is a barn yard mix but he is so friendly I realy want to keep him. Hes feather footed and like cream with brown and black feathers showing up all over. Cant see the black but its there. He's going to be pretty I think. I have an Oliver baby too but hes already a jerk...
View attachment 1017097

How beautiful! Keep him and see how he grows!

Going to photo bomb a bit. Other then waiting on birds to hatch I have had other things going well. My goats are doing amazing and are all settled in. Yoda still doesn't love the dogs but he's getting there...
20170524_200555.jpg
20170522_134311.jpg

My East Indie ducklings and Snowy Mallards are all settled in the big coop!!
20170524_183052.jpg
20170524_180249.jpg
20170523_114700.jpg

Our first spring on new property is turning out great. The land has about a million wild roses back on trails as well as raspberry, blackberry, and Apples. It is going to be beautiful. Hubby is making a campsite/stargazing area back along creek that we've started using.
20170519_204648.jpg

And Hedwig our favorite little EE that was such a mess when we got her is now queen of the chickens and my sons little buddy. Only a few blue feathers yet lol.
20170512_203443.jpg

Attachments

• 20170524_200555.jpg
    20170524_200555.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom