Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Here is my English splash from Martha. She is wonderful and going to be humongous! She is already bigger than my Welsummer hen! She is almost twice the size of the aumaurcanas I got from Dennis who are close in age. Does anyone know where I can get (safe) colored leg bands so I can tell those amerucanas apart?
Grey.jpg
Lady Grey.jpg
English orp.jpg

@Auroradream26 Congrats on the new brooders. They look great. Wish I could build something as nice!

Does anyone have experience with Porcelain D’Uccles? I have three that I purchased from TSC as chicks. Two have very nice muffs/beards, and the other one does not. Does this mean I have two Roos and a female? They all seem about the same size otherwise.

Old? You want old? :old
I had (well, still working on it. There were problems requiring multiple visits from Verizon) DSL installed. For the phone I’m using a rotary from 1974 (It’s stamped on the bottom). The guy about died today. :D
Was he able to figure it out? My dad used to use those and I remember I was always intrigued by it.

Here is my English splash from Martha. She is wonderful and going to be humongous! She is already bigger than my Welsummer hen! She is almost twice the size of the aumaurcanas I got from Dennis who are close in age. Does anyone know where I can get (safe) colored leg bands so I can tell those amerucanas apart?View attachment 1406032 View attachment 1406034 View attachment 1406035

Beautiful! I just use different colored zip ties on their legs. Leave it a little loose so it doesn't hurt them when they grow. Change it out for a new one as they get bigger.

@Auroradream26 Congrats on the new brooders. They look great. Wish I could build something as nice!

Thank you! They definitely need painted and the stacked one is a little wonky but works just fine :) After we get all of mine done, we may make a couple more to sell on Craigslist.

*Side Note! I know I told some of you I run Chicken Addicts Anonymous Of PA & NJ over on FB. If you guys have Facebook please come join the group!
https://m.facebook.com/groups/622639371254943

Thanks! I wish I had Facebook for this kind of stuff, but I don’t anymore. Welcome!

@Auroradream26 Question about turkeys. So my Mottled Black got killed by a predator, but I found her nest and am hatching her eggs. They are popping out today. The father is a Royal Palm. I think I remember you stating that I can either get Mottled Blacks, or Royal palms from their pairing. Does that sound right? One of the chicks is yellow.

Thanks! I wish I had Facebook for this kind of stuff, but I don’t anymore. Welcome!

@Auroradream26 Question about turkeys. So my Mottled Black got killed by a predator, but I found her nest and am hatching her eggs. They are popping out today. The father is a Royal Palm. I think I remember you stating that I can either get Mottled Blacks, or Royal palms from their pairing. Does that sound right? One of the chicks is yellow.

Yep, yellow babies will be royal palms, black ones will be mottled blacks :)

Back
Top Bottom